Forums Latest Members

Help identify vintage bracelet for longines legend

1. Noles_88 Dog costume designer extraordinaire! Dec 10, 2016

hello guys. So i luckily acquired this beautiful longines legend diver. Want to say. What a beautifullll watch. Serial number puts this watch at around 1959 to 1961. But my question is this bracelet. Is this original to the watch? Also any comments on the watch greatly appreciated. Thank you guys. Sorry for the bad pics.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
  2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Dec 10, 2016

No dial pics?

Jwit and Taddyangle like this.
  3. Noles_88 Dog costume designer extraordinaire! Dec 10, 2016

On the open discussion had my dial thread. :) Im trying to find out about the bracelet. It seems correct to period and all. But want to know more info on it. @oddboy

oddboy likes this.
  4. JohnSteed Dec 10, 2016

Hey @Noles_88 ... To my eye the bracelet seems pieced together from different bracelets

If you could remove from the watch and show pics of both sides of the bracelet facing up and down we'd get a better look

5. Noles_88 Dog costume designer extraordinaire! Dec 10, 2016

Thank you for the response. @JohnSteed Will do that tomm as its late here in miami and have to look for the spring bar tool. Thank you again.

6. JohnSteed Dec 10, 2016

Hahaha yup
    Here's the full scan of one side of the bracelet I have. It has the one design throughout. A couple other members have this bracelet IIRC

IMG_2127.JPG

Mark020 and Drawarms like this.
  7. Noles_88 Dog costume designer extraordinaire! Dec 10, 2016

The one i have says its made by jb champion. USA. @JohnSteed
    Will post better pics. Thank you for the response.

8. JohnSteed Dec 10, 2016

...anytime :thumbsup:

9. Noles_88 Dog costume designer extraordinaire! Dec 13, 2016

Hey @JohnSteed here are the following pics of bracelet with end links. Help is greatly appreciated sir.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
  10. JohnSteed Dec 13, 2016

So ... Commonly known JBChamp made bracelets for watch makers. I think yours above is a splice together of a couple different bracelets. Could be wrong but I've only seen them like this in its complete length ... meaning with these links -

IMG_2236.JPG

So no, not original to the watch IMHO. Guess I wouldn't say yours isn't correct, just that I haven't seem 'em that way previously. And if JBChamp is the bracelet maker, probable (though I don't lean in that direction) that your bracelet left JBChamp that way, in your pics.

BTW, your watch makes all this ... inconsequential but I understand the drive to know more @ your bracelet. That's a heck of a watch. Congrats!!

11. Noles_88 Dog costume designer extraordinaire! Dec 13, 2016

Thank you very much for your input and kind words. Def lucky to have this watch. Its awesome. I like to try and know as much as possible as the whole watch. As we all do. The sickness. Lol. Have a good one bud. @JohnSteed

JohnSteed likes this.
  12. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 13, 2016

Hi @Noles_88

It looks all original to me. I have seen this combo before , with a z link stretch section instead of a folding clasp. Also notice Longines hour glass wings link and the pattern of the double beads of rice is maintained....

I will try to find the photos of the other bracelet....
    The 22 mm ends pieces are correct as well...

Good hunting

Bill Sohne

Bumper, Drawarms and JohnSteed like this.
  13. Noles_88 Dog costume designer extraordinaire! Dec 13, 2016

Hello Bill. If you can find the pics that would be awesome. Yessss thanks for confirming. Greatly appreciate it. Have a good one Bill. @Bill Sohne

14. JohnSteed Dec 13, 2016

Here's a pic of my dismantled bracelet. Clasp signed by JBChamp....

@pitpro and others callls (mine) nautilus...

IMG_2237.JPG

Noles_88 likes this.
  15. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 14, 2016

Hi @Noles_88 and @JohnSteed

did a little looking on Google found a image floating around... Different watch and it looks like it has a case / berzel issue ( looks like a chuck is missing or its a reflection ) ... But it is the same bracelet ! you can even see the Z stretch links.... see below...

Yes the " Natutlis" name was seen on a NOS longines bracelet in its sales box and " NATUTLIS" was printed on inside of the display box... someone must have save the image from that auction ( it was like 10 years ago ).

FYI : these bracelets were used in the USA market, not sure about Europe.
    Good Hunting..

Bill Sohne

1stdibslognines.jpeg

Edited Dec 14, 2016
  16. Noles_88 Dog costume designer extraordinaire! Dec 14, 2016

ThAnk you very much bill for the information. Very helpful. @Bill Sohne

17. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 14, 2016

I have never seen one of these bracelets on a Longines before, but I have a very similar one on a Gruen Airflight.

[​IMG]

I think it's a US style thing from the early 1960's. What makes that bracelet unusual is that it has proper endpieces. Most of these just have the spring-loaded ends that tend to grind out the lugs from the inside over a long period of time.

[​IMG]

Google is your friend.
    gatorcpa

JohnSteed and Bill Sohne like this.
  18. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 14, 2016

Hi Gator

here are more pics from google... also Longines used alot of " Fit o flex" in Europe... that is what i have on my Silver Arrow !

backbrace.jpg end piecea.jpg bracelet.jpg

different ends for different models...

Go Figure !!!

Great watches everyone.. @JohnSteed love the wind indicator !

Good Hunting

bill Sohne

JohnSteed and Noles_88 like this.
  19. yako54 Dec 14, 2016

If you check the article about the legend diver on longinepassion.com you will also find shots of the same bracelet like yours. I also think it is very likely it came original with your watch.

Noles_88 likes this.
  20. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 14, 2016

Noles_88 likes this.