Forums Latest Members
  1. shevi Aug 24, 2014

Hi everyone,

A friend is selling this Omega De Ville and I am trying to figure out if to go for it or not. Need more details on the watch before I make a decision... Can anyone me help identify the watch please? (Which year this exact model was made, the exact model of the watch etc.....). I'd also like to know how much this is worth??

The strap of the watch is not the original strap the watch had come with and also it is a manual winding watch. I am no expert, hence would need your help....

Thanks!!

Omega_Christo.jpg

2. tdn-dk Aug 24, 2014

Hi!

The De Ville does not look like this one. De Ville started in the early 1960's with cal. 6xx og 5xx calibers.

This look like a 1950's properly a 30 mm. caliber.

I am not sure about the dial and hands, looks like steel hands and golden markers and the minute hand is longer than the minute markers.

The case form actually looks like a Ranchero case.

The best way is to get the case open an see the ref. number in the inside of the backcase.

Best
    Thomas

shevi likes this.
  3. shevi Aug 24, 2014

Thanks Thomas.

I guess i should try and get hold of the watch to remove the back case and get the ref. number.

4. Hijak Aug 24, 2014

What makes you think this is a De Ville? It doesn't look like its labeled on the dial and usually a De Ville would be. I think this watch is older than 1963 which is the first year Omega used the De Ville name. From the case and dial style I would hazard a guess and say this is from mid to late 1950s. Need more info like case reference # and movement serial # to help further, as stated above.:)

5. Mothra Aug 24, 2014

Given the feedback you've already received all I can say is this is going to have to be incredibly cheap to make it worth pursuing even if the movement turns out to be in good condition - which at this point seems unlikely. For most on this board its already being relegated to 'possible parts donor' status based on just the above - it seems likely this was originally more than one watch with a different finish on the dial.