Forums Latest Members

Help Identify Seamaster 600m, and question about bezel

1. Michael Ray Jul 21, 2014

Hi there,
    I'm new to watches, so I apologize in advance for my ignorance. I have this omega seamaster, but as you can see from the photos, the wristband is missing. Additionally, something from the bezel is as well.

My first question is, can someone help to identify this exact model? I tried doing some research, and it looks to me like it's the 232.90.42.21.03.001 but the "Seamaster" on mine isn't red like it is on that model.
    Also, what can I do about the bezel? It looks like there was some adhesive-dial that was on there. I don't know the exact terminology-- but what could I do about that? Would I have to get an entire new bezel or just the dial (or whatever the proper term is)?

Please feel free to ask for any more photo angles if you need.

IMG_0006.JPG IMG_0007.JPG IMG_0008.JPG IMG_0009.JPG IMG_0010.JPG IMG_0011.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0013.JPG

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 21, 2014

Its not an Omega, its a low grade asian made fake

3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 21, 2014

Just get a hammer and smash it, that will give you more satisfaction than wearing it.

4. Michael Ray Jul 21, 2014

Why do you say that it's a fake?

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 21, 2014

Aside from the obvious poor finish and the crap missing bezel insert, wrong hands, date window, wrong font sizes etc. etc. etc.

It doesn't look like this:

23230462101003-30.jpg

6. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Jul 23, 2014

I hope a fake uncle didnt give it to you?

citizenrich and JimInOz like this.
  7. speedbird Jul 23, 2014

Very bad fake. Omega doesn't glue down its bezel rings btw. That's the first indication. Complete disaster of a mess, sad to say

8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 24, 2014

Not the aluminum rings, but the ceramic are glued in place - at least that's what the tech guy at Omega Canada told me when I asked about replacing an insert...

But yes this watch is an obvious fake.

9. larryganz The cable guy Jul 26, 2014

That's the dial for a Planet Ocean with 8500 movement. The fake Omega is using the dial number font and solid case back from the one with the older 2500 movement.

10. Michael Ray Jul 27, 2014

So, if it's using the fonts from the 2500, what gives it away as a fake?

Also, how does this one look? (yes I realize the second hand fell off!) photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG photo 5.JPG

11. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 27, 2014

Its junk, as another general rule most Omegas don't disintegrate randomly in their first few years of life

12. Nitzbar Will sell any watch tougher than him. Jul 27, 2014

When I was a kid I used to buy fake Rolex's in Venice Beach (USA). They would probably fool people that didn't know better. But like clockwork, the hands or the numbers would start to fall off after about 6 months to a year. I bought my first Omega (the real thing), in 2006. Since then I have been pretty rough on it. Lots of trips with the boys to Vegas and other places that I don't casually talk about. My Omega is in as good of condition as the day I bought. dsio is right, Omega's don't fall apart.

Diverdown likes this.
  13. larryganz The cable guy Jul 28, 2014

The vertical strokes of the number fonts on your fake are fatter than the horizontal strokes, and the actual 2500 watches have the same thickness throughout the font. However, I was just also pointing out to JimInOz that he put up the wrong photo.

The first watch - the qualitiy is also in question, and having the bezel insert glued in and having come loose is not Omega quality.

The second watch -
    (1) the quality is an issue for one thing.
    (2) Also, always be suspicious of bond commemorative watches which are popular to fake.
    (3) The bezel dot is wrong, and not only does it bulge up above the containment ring that holds the lume, but the edges of the dot's external ring extend past the inverted triangle, and it should be entirely contained within the triangle.
    (4) The sub-dials have the wrong things in them - the 6 o'clock dial should be a 12 hour timer, and 12 o'clock should be 30 minute timer, with 60 seconds at 9 o'clock, if I recall correctly. Many fakes would put a 7 days a week on the 9 o'clock sub-dial, and instead they labeled this one 1-7. And Omega didn't make this model with a 24 hour time, only the Day/Date, which has a 2 hand sub-dial at 9 o'clock with 60 seconds and 24 hours on it.
    (5) The helium escape valve looks too low, and closer to inline with the 10 o'clock marker rather than off center towards being slightly above 10.

14. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 28, 2014

Good pick up Larry, I wasn't really trying to pin the model down, but just wanted to point out the difference in quality finish between the two.

That Bond is rather hideous too.