Forums Latest Members
  1. Mark68 Mar 21, 2015

hi - great site here. I have had my grandfathers vintage Omega for about 20 years. I had it cleaned when I first inherited it, and have worn it off and on over the years. It runs well, but I need to replace the crystal and have it serviced again. I would like some help identifying it to make sure It's worth the cost of repair. I don't know which of these numbers is the best way to identify it.

The watch itself says "11312526 Seventeen 17 jewels unadjusted"
    The inside of the case back says "Wadsworth 14k gold filled F6212 T912414 S9973"

I imagine some exper/s on this site will be able to give advice based on this, right? I appreciate the help in advance!

image.jpg
  2. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Mar 21, 2015

It was your Grandfathers watch and should be worth, to you, more than any watch ever could be. So, yes spend a couple of hundred $,€,£ getting it serviced and wear it with pride and memories of him.

I have my Great Grandfather's pocket watch from the 1920s that isn't worth much at all and despite the fact that I never knew him, it is the last watch in my collection that I would ever part with.

The only thing that I would consider is replacing the expanding bracelet with a good leather strap. The expanding bracelets have a habit of wearing away the metal of the lugs. There again, if that's how your Grandfather wore it, I could see the attraction of keeping it as it is.

ChrisN, lillatroll and Darlinboy like this.
  3. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Mar 21, 2015

Good advice from Stewart. Very nice heirloom, and well worth the cost of a service.

4. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Mar 21, 2015

Clearer photographs of the face and case back and where in the world you are based and some advice will surely come your way.

5. ulackfocus Mar 21, 2015

11312526 is the serial number which dates the movement to 1948. F6212 is the case reference, or model, number. Wadsworth was the American contractor who made the case to Omega's specifications.

Heirlooms need proper care. Get it serviced and were your legacy with pride.