Forums Latest Members

Help ID: Gold, white dial, no second, no date

1. danawcook Aug 4, 2019

Trying to identify my father's watch. He is the original owner and I suspect that he purchased it brand new. If additional photos helpful it will take some time as they bequeathed the watch to my 20-year-old nephew who loves it but does not yet have a watch fetish. I attempted to root around on the interwebs with little luck. With the hourglass-wings logo absent, I thought I might narrow down the time-frame but also had no luck. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

IMG_0696.JPG IMG_0697.JPG IMG_0698.JPG
  2. Canuck Aug 4, 2019

Please have someone open the case back and post an image of any embossed printing inside the case back, as well as post a picture of the mechanism. Perhaps then we might be able to help.

3. danawcook Aug 5, 2019

Thank you, Canuck. Nephew is not savvy and thus I will most likely not have an opportunity to do so until the Holidays.

4. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Aug 5, 2019

You need to have it opened by a professional watchmaker. Jewelers may cause irreparable damage (big scratch) — you need to ask someone who can do it in their sleep and whose sole job is watches.

With 4 pictures and the movement serial numbers, you can ask Longines for a free «extract of archive » (look on their website) which will give the date the watch left the factory.

It may well be there’s no model name, lots of watches had no names in those days.

My grandfather’s Omega looks very much like this one, same period as this looks 1960s.