Forums Latest Members
  1. Ibi_c Apr 20, 2019

I have been thinking for the past couple of weeks to add an Omega Speedmaster to my collection. It would be my first. I narrowed down my choice to 3 pieces, all of which are limited editions. The 3 pieces are the 60th anniversary, the ST1 and the Gemini IV. I just love the blue dial with silver sub dials on the Gemini. Similarly, I feel quite hooked by the reversed panda dial on the ST1. Lastly, I like the faux patina on the 60th anniversary, though understand opinions diverge on this matter, and the smaller diameter since my wrist is on the thinner side. This said I tried on 42mm speedmasters and they actually also fit nicely. No easy choice, but would appreciate members views. With many thanks

2. Omega-Q Apr 20, 2019

Wow! Of those three, I like the 60th anniversary the best. But, that's just one guy's opinion!

Ibi_c likes this.
  3. Slowpoker Apr 20, 2019

ST1 for me. The reverse Panda dial, brushed case and the fact that pretty much the whole dial lumes up are what make it stand out to me.

Omega-Speedmaster-Speedy-Tuesday-Tribute161230.jpg
    Poached from Fratello watches article.

Ibi_c, BatDad and Wetworks like this.
  4. BatDad Apr 20, 2019

+1 on the ST1.

Some folks aren’t huge fans on the broad arrow - but is it the lume that you like on the 60th? Have you looked at the badly named replica? Great watch with many of the 60th appeal

I think the Gemini is a beautiful watch but at its current price point I’d personally consider the Japan 2020 blue.

Ibi_c, ext1 and Foo2rama like this.
  5. 77deluxe Apr 20, 2019

Simple. Buy all three. If that’s not in the cards, 60th.

Ibi_c and lustrousaurus like this.
  6. LeonDeBayonne Apr 20, 2019

60th anniversary. It’s a fantastic watch.

Ibi_c likes this.
  7. jankymutt Apr 21, 2019

IF I had the cash I'd pick the ST1, 60th anniversary, and then the Gemini last.

The reverse panda dial, full dial lume, and leather strap/roll are just gorgeous. I love the hands on the 60th anniversary. The blue Gemini dial just doesn't do it for me.

Ibi_c likes this.