HELP - I bought my first omega vintage / could it be fake?

Hey guys

I just bought my first Omega Seamaster vintage on chrono24. The description says Omega Seamaster Vintage 1965, solid 18k rosegold. Reference 166001, cal 562. Buckle 18k gold, not Omega. I asked the seller about it, and he responded that all parts except for the buckle is original Omega, and that the original dial has not been remade. The gold case has been polished though and movement serviced in January 2021. Just short of 2000 dollars i thought it was a great price for a watch of this quality.

Since the watch was protected by the chrono24 with the buyers guarantee and the authentic guarantee, i assumed it was alright. it is a very beautiful watch but after having received it i have my doubts whether it's genuine. The watch looks very nice, and when you change the date it's exactly like on a cal 562 (wind 24 hours ahead, when it changes date you reverse to 9, then pass 12 again to change the date forward, and continue going back between 9 and 12 to change quicker). The buckle however that was described as 'in gold' seems like plastic or at least not gold. The case looks and feels nice i think.

A few supicious things on chrono24 were that there were no pictures of the movement nor the inside of the case. I asked the seller for pictures of the movement which he sent me (see below), but didn't ask if he had pictures of the inside of the case before i received it (my bad).

Here are all the photos from the seller on chrono24:
upload_2021-8-7_13-47-43.jpeg
upload_2021-8-7_13-48-4.jpeg
upload_2021-8-7_13-48-26.jpeg

Here are the pictures I took of the watch i received:
upload_2021-8-7_13-49-26.jpeg
upload_2021-8-7_13-49-38.jpeg
upload_2021-8-7_13-50-1.jpeg
upload_2021-8-7_13-50-21.jpeg

What do you guys think? Thanks in advance for your help!

Looks real enough to me. Dial looks good to me, but I’m no expert. You say you are concerned about the buckle, that it might not be gold. Do you have a picture? Are there any hallmarks on it?

I don't see anything off, really. The price is a tad high, but that's the cheapskate, snobbish collector speaking.

I really like the gold tone 😀

Looks real enough to me. Dial looks good to me, but I’m no expert. You say you are concerned about the buckle, that it might not be gold. Do you have a picture? Are there any hallmarks on it?
Well, I saw the answer of the seller now and the buckle it's not gold - it's not a big issue to me - although it's not too cool to write that on the description and then after I purchased saying: "that it's actually not."

I don't see anything off, really. The price is a tad high, but that's the cheapskate, snobbish collector speaking.

I really like the gold tone 😀
Yea, I'm starting to feel more happy and comfortable with it, about the price for what I saw for gold watches here in Europe it was acceptable. So I took my chance.
Thanks for your reply.

18k solid gold watches that are total garbage sell for $1-2000 regularly, I think the price is within reason for a nice looking Omega.

If the buckle was listed as solid gold and is not, I’d ask for a few bucks back. Won’t likely get it and probably not worth the effort but getting $100 back can go toward a proper replacement.

The difference in value between an 18k buckle and a plated one is significant (and easily more than 100$) - if it was stated the buckle is gold I’d definitely talk to the seller and possibly involve C24.

easily more than 100$
For sure, I just think you get into an area where the seller will just want the watch returned instead of making up the difference. Do what you can to get money back but in the end the seller may just say nope send it back, and then you have to decide if it’s worth the argument and hassle.