Forums Latest Members

Help : how to fix a Omega Railmaster plexi 135.004 ?

1. Lucchese Sep 8, 2018

Hello,
    I need your help, please! I would like to change the plexi of my Railmaster 135.004 (my watchmacker will do it!).
    I bought the correct ref PZ5098. But when I recieved it, It looks a bit bigger for the case. I know than it's normal but I have a doubt on this : Do I need to remove the "fixed bezel" (I mean the ring fixed as a bezel on the case) to put it or could I just ask my watch macker to fix it as basic plexi without removing the bezel?
    I hope my question is clear...? ::confused2::
    Thank for your precious help!

2. michael e Still learning. Sep 8, 2018

Hi.
    How wide in mm exactly is your 5098? I have some old, real NOS ones I could measure to compare. Also which style Omega Symbol does your plexi have?

Your man could take the bezel off if it is easier to fit the plexi but I cannot remember ever having to do it.
    Thanks, Michael

3. Lucchese Sep 8, 2018

Thanks Michael for your reply. I will check the exact size of my plexi and will go back to you today. I bought as new and I guess it's a service plexi, I will check it this too.

4. Lucchese Sep 8, 2018

So it seems to be 33,3mm and about the logo, it's not the old one, but I'm not sure.

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 8, 2018

33.22 actually...

On this watch you should not have to remove the bezel. Remember this is a slight interference fit into the case - this is what holds the crystal in place.

6. Lucchese Sep 9, 2018

Thanks!