Help from an experienced expert - Omega Vintage Cal 266

Hello, a few days ago came to me a watch that was my father's grandfather, which I will treasure until my son is old enough to inherit it, and which I do not have much idea, I read many very interesting threads and I really hope that someone with the best knowledge know how to respond to my thread, and if not, no matter, I happy just the same, from now on I know this new place where there are many interesting facts to understand more about watches.
In my case, it is from what you can see in other threads on this site, an OMEGA Vintage, I think I understand that the year 1947, or 1952, and that's as far as my understanding on the subject. as far as I see, it works perfectly and is gold, but there are many things I do not understand and I would like to know. That is why, I hope that someone with a lot of experience and with very good predisposition and time can explain them to me.

- In the photo of the cover I put letters e.g.: A,B,C,... to each sign that I don't know what it means or how it is read or interpreted.
- In the picture of the machine, put numbers e.g.: 1,2,3 ... to the things that I don't know what they are or how they are read or interpreted.
- Which is the serial number? the one on the machine, or the one on the cover?
- What year and model exactly is the watch?
- Is it gold or plated? because I see that inside it says METAL (steel).
- what are the red dots that it has on the machine?
- the front or crystal of what material is it ?
- and the crystal of what material?
- after so many years without winding it, it should work properly or should I send it to a technical maintenance before trying to wind it?
Does anyone know the value of this piece (I will never sell it, I am just curious).
- Its belt is not the original one, does this influence a lot?

I think I do not forget anything, I just hope that someone with experience and willing to give me their time, I want to explain and initiate a little on the subject, I will be very grateful. I hope to meet you, Greetings

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Which is the serial number? the one on the machine, or the one on the cover?
- What year and model exactly is the watch? 13.8m is 1954
- Is it gold or plated? because I see that inside it says METAL (steel). Gold. The steel thing you see is a ring to fit the movement in the case
- what are the red dots that it has on the machine? Jewels https://www.prestigetime.com/blog/what-are-the-jewels-in-a-watch-for.html
- the front or crystal of what material is it ? Dont understand your question
- and the crystal of what material? Crystal is plastic
- after so many years without winding it, it should work properly or should I send it to a technical maintenance before trying to wind it? Yes have it serviced. The oil will be dried out
Does anyone know the value of this piece (I will never sell it, I am just curious). The dial is refinished which makes it not that attractive to collectors
- Its belt is not the original one, does this influence a lot? Zero
A = Omega mark
B = case maker in this case Cedex, Charles Dubois SA
C= 18 ct gold
D= Swiss?) gold mark
E= case serial
F= reference

thank you for your answer, my question is :
if the E= serial case, then the watch is from the year 1947, then, what is the number ( 1 ), which is on the machine ? the number : 13882200 ?

On the case - Omega would contract a case maker and provide them with a batch of serial numbers for the quantity of the contract.

On the movement - Omega would assign production of a batch of movements with serial numbers.

Later, during assembly, the two would come together, so the dates of production of cases and movements could be close together, or they may be some years different.

- In the photo of the cover I put letters e.g.: A,B,C,... to each sign that I don't know what it means or how it is read or interpreted.
- In the picture of the machine, put numbers e.g.: 1,2,3 ... to the things that I don't know what they are or how they are read or interpreted.
- Which is the serial number? the one on the machine, or the one on the cover?
- What year and model exactly is the watch?
- Is it gold or plated? because I see that inside it says METAL (steel).
- what are the red dots that it has on the machine?
- the front or crystal of what material is it ?
- and the crystal of what material?
- after so many years without winding it, it should work properly or should I send it to a technical maintenance before trying to wind it?
Does anyone know the value of this piece (I will never sell it, I am just curious).
- Its belt is not the original one, does this influence a lot?

You should use the number on the movement to date the watch. Your watch with movement number 13882200 was made around 1952.

1: movement number (used for dating)
2: number of synthetic jewels in the watch (these are functional and not decorative)
3: this is the movement calibre (or type). In this case Omega calibre 266

The watch case is solid gold 18k gold. There is a casing ring around the movement which is probably brass.

The red dots are synthetic jewels.

The crystal should be acrylic.

It's ok to wind it. If you are going to use it every day, get the watch serviced by a watchmaker.

The unoriginal strap will not affect the value too much. However, the dial has been repainted at some point. This does affect the value.