Forums Latest Members

Help finding straight edge end links for Glycine Combat Sub

1. gostang9 Dec 10, 2020

I recently bought 2 Glycine Combat Subs:
    - one bronze case GL0187 with leather strap
    - one SS case GL083 with Nylon strap

I have searched and googled in vain, need help -- anyone know of:

1. Straight-edge end-links that can allow me to use the Uncle Seiko bracelet

2. Quality Oyster style bracelet (like Uncle Seiko) that has straight-edge end-links for Glycine

I don't hate the straps, but do prefer steel bracelets for daily use.

upload_2020-12-10_12-20-9.png

upload_2020-12-10_12-20-41.png

2. gostang9 Dec 10, 2020

I should clarify, the lug width is 22mm...

3. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Dec 10, 2020

I have 2 Combat Subs, one came on a rubber strap and the other on a NATO. I found a Glycine Combat Sub bracelet on eBay. Have you tried there? BTW, I love both of my combat subs...great watch!

IMG_2807.jpeg

gostang9 likes this.
  4. gostang9 Dec 10, 2020

Classic pair! Orange looks great, I've never had the courage to try myself. :D

I love my steel with black dial - it's my new Covid-stuck-at-home-daily! :cool:

Very much wanted to love the Bronze, but the dial has a lot more fade (black to white) than the marketing photos on Drop showed. As a result, I rarely wear that one.

I couldn't find a bracelet only (Oyster, SS) on ebay. I also have read negative comments about the original Glycine bracelet, so was hoping for some other option... :p

blufinz52 likes this.
  5. Donn Chambers Dec 10, 2020

Either my Google-Fu is better than yours, or you are very picky, because a search of “22mm Oyster Straight End” found dozens of websites selling exactly what you are asking for.

I am partial to Watch Gecko bracelets and almost all of them come in 22mm with straight end bars.

6. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Dec 10, 2020

I should have added that the Glycine bracelet was pretty poor quality, and I ended up tossing it. Hope you can find a decent one.

7. gostang9 Dec 10, 2020

That's similar to what I read elsewhere. Thanks for confirming... :thumbsup:

The Uncle Seiko Oyster would be perfect, just need to find end-links that fit the straight edge of the Glycine... :)

blufinz52 likes this.
  8. gostang9 Dec 10, 2020

Well, might be a bit of both.

This one: the end links are too narrow (looks like fitment of strap, far from watch case... not very attractive) https://www.strapcode.com/products/metal-ss-bcl03-b010s

Uncle Seiko also has a flat end for the tuna, but very narrow end links as above
    https://www.uncleseiko.co.uk/store/p114/straightendoyster.html

Watch gecko has one as well. Looks like a nice bracelet, but again the end links are very narrow and would leave a big gap to the case.
    https://www.watchgecko.com/classic-...Al_-owJ3LwZjnweZwJh0FUKbX-pTD2QxoC6pYQAvD_BwE

It is possible that no nice fitting end links exist for the Glycine and the good quality bracelets, I'm hoping maybe someone on this lovely forum has found one. If not, I'll continue with straps or have to buy some straps and experiment.

9. Donn Chambers Dec 10, 2020

Now I understand. Finding an end piece that will fill the gap and match the Glycine case is likely going to be impossible unless you go for the Glycine-made bracelet. That just is not a common case shape.

Good luck on your hunt!

gostang9 likes this.
  10. gostang9 Dec 11, 2020

Yes, I am afraid my quest might be futile.

This is the gap and the look I want to avoid (this is a round case, but the look would be similar with a gap between end link and case).

[​IMG]

11. bags1971 Dec 11, 2020

I have one end link somewhere your more than welcome to have it and it helps you find a bracelet with the correct fit

gostang9 likes this.
  12. gostang9 Dec 11, 2020

Any idea where you got it? I'm happy to buy if something will work.

13. bags1971 Dec 11, 2020

I had a combat sub but the bracelet was broken and missing one end link

14. josephlo42 Oct 19, 2021

I realize this a super old thread, but do you still happen to have that end link?

15. bags1971 Oct 19, 2021

went long time ago to gostang9

16. JwRosenthal Mar 6, 2023

My turn to resurrect this thread:

I recently got a Combat 42 with factory bracelet.
    C4EAAD95-2004-4347-8E33-D8AD213D8804.jpeg

It’s a nice watch albeit wears a touch large for my taste. But it’s incredibly slim for a diver and comfortable on the wrist.
    The size is only exacerbated by the massive chunk of steel they provide as a bracelet- 22/20 taper and probably about 4mm thick- it’s like a cuff. It is actually nicely made and the ratcheted clasp is a nice touch (perhaps this is revised over the older ones as this is light years better than what Seiko provides with watches at a similar price point), but it’s massive size is a deal breaker for me. I am hoping that a slimmer more tapered bracelet (22/18 or 22/16 ideally) may help make the watch wear smaller.
    I am a bracelet guy if I can help it and I don’t do strait generic endlinks- fitted or bust!

I see that Uncle Seiko does 22mm fitted endlinks for several Seiko models and the lug shape and cut-out are similar (kind of strait but with a slight inverse curve). I am used to vintage bracelets which are light and not great fitting to the case, but close enough (can’t be too anal retentive with vintage bracelets).

The factory Glycine fitted endlinks have the same cut-out for the center link as a Rolex oyster, but when I tried a generic 20mm oyster, the center link was about .5-1mm too short to align with the holes for the spring bars (it was sooo close and would have been awesome).

Has anyone experimented with these US or other bracelets on a Glycine sub yet?

blufinz52 likes this.
  17. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Mar 6, 2023

I've owned 3 Combat Subs; one came on a rubber strap, one came on an aftermarket NATO, and one came on a bracelet. I found the braclet very uncomfortable and quickly put it on a NATO. I've moved on from 2 of the watches, but kept the 1st one I bought 8 years ago from DougieDude. I love this watch and wear it on several straps. It's a great diver IMO.

IMG_1441.JPG