Forums Latest Members
  1. Jeroensv Jan 17, 2017

Dear all,

I recently bought myself a Omega Seamaster Professional 200m (pre bond). This particular watch is from 1993 and the 2nd generation type with the ribbed crown, sword hands and double diver clasp.
    I found out the bezel was stuck so I removed and cleaned it, when I had the bezel removed I found out the springs/ring for the clicking of the bezel was broken.
    I already searched on the internet for a new one but I couldn't find the right one, can someone please help me?

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance.

Edited Jan 17, 2017
  2. padders Oooo subtitles! Jan 17, 2017

Mine is a full size so it maybe better someone better placed and more knowledgable like @Archer could comment on parts availability for yours which I think looks like the mid size as I have been known to inadvertently mislead before but here is my 2pworth based on my experience with my 41mm model: I can't speak for the click ring/spring but the bezel itself is now obsolete and can't be sourced AFAIK. They can sell you a whole new case for circa £400 but not individual case parts. It may be worth/possible to have the spring/ring hand made or repaired by a competent jobbing jeweller but I think you may be out of luck when it comes to sourcing a new part. Might be worth scouring ebay on a regular basis. Here's mine, can you tell why I have taken a recent interest in this area?:

[​IMG]

Edited Jan 17, 2017
    Panzotto and Jeroensv like this.
  3. Jeroensv Jan 17, 2017

@padders Thank you for your quick reply, I forgot the mension; mine is the mid size 37mm version. Thank you for your info, I will be searching on Ebay for the right parts. I can't really tell why are searching for parts for the watch, do you want to replace the bezel insert? In my honest opinion your watch is looking perfect the way it is!

Panzotto likes this.
  4. padders Oooo subtitles! Jan 17, 2017

I could tell it was a 37mm. I have done my homework on these. Maybe post your case number if you have it so someone in the know can offer advice on parts availability. If I had to guess, I would say yours is 396.1052 but I am not 100% certain.

Thank you for the nice comments, it was just that the rest of the watch is pristine and I managed to source a correct brand new bracelet for it from STS (you can see the old one in the corner of the pic) so other than the bezel it is perfect but I agree it isn't too bad.

Sorry for the minor hi-jack but If anyone has a perfect 41mm pre-bond bezel they want to sell...

Edited Jan 17, 2017
    Jeroensv likes this.
  5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 17, 2017

You would need to confirm the case number - it's inside the case back. Once I have that I can look up the part number of the click spring for you.

Cheers, Al

ajg1960 and Jeroensv like this.
  6. padders Oooo subtitles! Jan 17, 2017

As above for the definitive answer but be aware that if my case number guess for the OPs watch is correct, there may be light at the end of the tunnel if Cousins is anything to go by. In fact they also list a full bezel for the full size quartz too but not for the auto. I guess my next task is to find out if the quartz bezel fits the auto. The parts numbers are different but further digging is needed...

Edited Jan 17, 2017
    Jeroensv likes this.
  7. dialstatic Jan 17, 2017

Just to cloud matters futher, my mid size auto doesn't click either, and my watchmaker told me the bezels on these don't come off as they usually do - something about being integrated or something (in fact, you removing it may well have broken it, if I'm to go by what he's saying).

To be fair, he said that based on looking at it for under a minute, but on the other hand, he is an omega qualified watchmaker.

Jeroensv likes this.
  8. Jeroensv Jan 17, 2017

@padders no worries, I hope you will find yourself a nice and clean bezel. Love the watch and it looks great as is.

@Archer Thank you for the reply, I just checked out the case number and the case number is: 396.1062 I hope you can help me finding the right part number as I am pretty shure this one should click.

@dialstatic I think this one really has to click originally, I already had the bezel removed to clean it because when I bought it the bezel wasn't moving at all. It wasn't hard to remove the bezel and as you can see on the picture there are a few pieces broken from the ring underneath the bezel. I don't know if you can see it from this Iphone picture but IRL you can clearly see there are 3 pieces broken from the ring/spring.

[​IMG]free upload image

For all the others, a shot of the watch on my wrist:

[​IMG]upload image online

9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 17, 2017

There are two springs so I'll give you both just in case...

Bezel spring - 085ST0048 - this one keeps the bezel on the watch.

Click spring - 129ST0502 - this is the one that provides the clicks and is clearly broken above. Note that when the bezel was seized up it could be from dirt )I do see some there) or it could be that someone tried to turn the bezel the wrong way - if forced to turn the wrong way a bezel that is designed to rotate only in one direction will snap off the three tabs and sometimes those jam up the bezel.

As for removing these, I've never seen a rotating bezel that could not be removed in order to clean underneath as required, so although I don't work on a lot of these I would be surprised if they were somehow "integrated" to the case so that they could not be removed.

Cheers, Al

dialstatic and Jeroensv like this.
  10. Jeroensv Jan 17, 2017

Thank you so much @Archer this helps me a lot! I already found a website to order the click spring, the bezel spring is still intact and don't need to be replaced. I think you're right and someone tried to rotate the bezel the wrong way and therefore the three pieces broke.

dialstatic and Archer like this.
  11. Blacksmith Jan 17, 2017

Hello, looks like the bezel click spring has broken. I have recently replaced my own on a full size Seamaster 200m.
    The parts were obtained from Cousins in the UK, just had a look at stock levels and they appear to be in stock. You will need to set up an account if you want to go down this route.
    Once the spring was put on but before fitting the bezel the click parts of the spring were lubricated with a small amount of Fomblin grease.

dialstatic, rogart and Jeroensv like this.
  12. rogart ray it again, Ram. Jan 17, 2017

So that what it is? Have one that i bought some years ago? Never figured out what it was? Shall mark it and save that in case i need it some day? I think i order the wrong spring when i needed the bezel spring?

13. dialstatic Jan 17, 2017

This is great stuff. Thank you once again @Archer, and also @Jeroensv for bringing up the issue - I'd already given up on mine. This has to be what's wrong with mine, too.

Did you just remove the bezel with a case knife? Not too eager to do this myself, but I can't wait to check. I do this on Seiko's all the time to customize the bezel action by bending the click spring, but it would be the first time with an expensive watch. Looking at your pictures, though, it doesn't look all that different...

@Archer: am I correct in assuming the part number would be the same for my mid-size auto (reference ST 398.1042)?

@Jeroensv : mind if I ask you where you found the part? Also (going by your name) maybe we can combine shipping if you're in The Netherlands :rolleyes:

Edited Jan 17, 2017
  14. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 17, 2017

3981042 = no results found. Are you sure that's the case reference?

dialstatic likes this.
  15. padders Oooo subtitles! Jan 17, 2017

dialstatic likes this.
  16. dialstatic Jan 17, 2017

I apologize, @padders is correct. That should be 3681042. Curse my upside-down numbers dyslexia ::shy::

Edited Jan 17, 2017
  17. Jeroensv Jan 18, 2017

@dialstatic you are right, I am from the Netherlands. You as well? I already ordered the spring on the WM.S.McCaw Company website, found this with Google. Never ordered something before from that website..

18. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 18, 2017

Bezel spring - 085ST0045

Click spring - 129ST0011 (they actually give the description as CLINK W.PIVOT, so that's a bit of a strange description, but that happens sometimes).

Cheers, Al

Jeroensv and dialstatic like this.
  19. dialstatic Jan 18, 2017

Thanks! OK, so that's a different part number from the mid-size quartz one. Didn't expect that, glad you checked it for me!

That bezel spring is readily available from Cousins, but I can't find that click spring reference anywhere. Any chance my watchmaker was correct and that this part can no longer be ordered separately?

On the upside, now I don't have to remove the bezel myself. The prospect was a little scary given that my case is still pristine ;)

20. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 18, 2017

Omega still sells it - of course Cousins has been cut off, so if your watchmaker is Omega certified, he can just order it from Omega...

JimInOz and dialstatic like this.