Forums Latest Members

Help finding NOS Grand Seiko band for 44GS?

1. MGoBrew Oct 18, 2017

I am looking for an authentic band for my 44GS. I also would love a box but not sure where to start looking for either. Any help for a newbie?

4D7BE26B-C6EB-4BEB-8858-E5BC287D3B5C.jpeg
  2. adi4 Oct 18, 2017

By authentic do you mean similar look to what it originally came with or an actual original strap from how it was sold? I feel like your search may be fruitless on that end, unless you find a NOS 44GS somehow.

Box may be easier to source using Yahoo Japan auctions with some patience.

Anyways, not much help, but lovely watch! I think it looks pretty good already on its current strap.

3. MGoBrew Oct 18, 2017

Thanks. It’s a patient search...and probably fruitless as you suggest. I’ll look for the box on Yahoo Japan. Thanks for the suggestion.

4. MGoBrew Oct 18, 2017

To respond to your question though, I guess I was thinking about finding an authentic seiko strap similar to the original that would have come on the 44GS. Not even sure what that would have been. For wearing purposes I like the one I have on there. It’s more about having it with a box in case I ever decide to sell...which I probably never will. So maybe it’s actually more my OCD tendencies.

5. Kwijibo Nov 20, 2017

These Seiko are great value. I personnaly own a more modest lord marvel 36000. I know I'm not helping.

6. waking-crickets Dec 16, 2017

Another middle-ground. You could find the appropriate buckle and put it on a new / modern strap that's of the same aesthetic as what it would have originally come with.

That's what I did with my King Seiko 4502 - Picked out my own strap and put a vintage KS buckle on it. OK, I actually had to get a custom strap made as the vintage KS buckles seem to be 15mm! Not sure if GS buckles were also 15mm, but it's worth looking!

7. strick9 Dec 29, 2017

Mine came on what looked like a dried up aftermarket.the watch is Identical to yours keeps perfect time my My King Seiko has nice beads of rice on it my lord matic uses a period correct band there are lots of them on eBay

DSC_0862x5.jpg