Forums Latest Members

Help Finding A Speedmaster Or Constellation Made In 1967

1. alexgalt Feb 21, 2013

Hello everyone,
    I was born in 1967 and would like to find a Speedmaster or Constellation made in that year that was still working and still original. I'd consider other models but I'm not that familiar with Omega and these are the two which I know I like. I don't expect perfection but I do expect it to work. I'd like the watch to have weathered the years better than I have, which is not a high bar to cross. If you happen to discover one of these and are willing to take the time to let me know, I'd be grateful.

Thanks,
    M

2. ulackfocus Feb 21, 2013

You'll have a few choices of Constellation models. Do you want a pie pan or dome dial? Stainless, gold plated, or solid gold?

Somebody else will have to help with the Speedmaster, but from what I gather 1967 is a good year for plenty of available watches.

:p

3. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 21, 2013

Firstly, may I congratulate you on choosing an excellent year to be born in ;).

Secondly, there are tons of 1967 Speedmaster's knocking about. For some reason, there seem to be more of that year on the market than other years. The tricky bit is getting one of the right quality for your needs.

Do a search on ebay to find a few. You might also want to set up a Google alert for 145.012-67 (the model number) to catch them when they go up on other forums. The key thing is to decide how authentic/original you want it to be & whether it is primarily for wearing daily, or for collecting and special occasions only - it'll all have a bearing on what you are looking for and what you "should" pay.