Forums Latest Members
  1. ArtVandlay Aug 29, 2018

Hey all. I, like the rest of us, peruse auction sites and sales and came across this item the other day. I was hoping that more experienced eyes could give me some insight as to the authenticity of this piece. As someone who is starting out in his foray into vintage pieces I don't have the knowledge yet to know if this is accurate or not. I'm waiting on a shot of the movement but the description says caliber 30T2 15 jewels, which, from my research seems to be period correct. Thanks in advance for any and all information.
    IMG_0029.JPG
    IMG_0028.JPG

2. Vitezi Aug 30, 2018

ArtVandlay and Fialetti like this.
  3. ArtVandlay Aug 30, 2018

@Vitezi Thank you for the help and information I will re-title and and see if that helps. I will read through the provided threads and try and educate myself. Re-titled as per Vitezi
    :)

Edited Aug 30, 2018
  4. Dan S Aug 30, 2018

@ArtVandlay
    What are your thoughts about the sub-second dial and the font of OMEGA, e.g. the "A"? Does the shape of the arrow look right, compared to other examples?

ArtVandlay likes this.
  5. ArtVandlay Aug 30, 2018

@Dan S Almost all of the other examples Ive seen show the arrow as being triangular in shape where the center (vertical) line is even on the bottom with the two angled lines (if I described that correctly hopefully). The sub second looks completely wrong after going back through photos of originals. So, redial or fake? Also thank you for the Socratic method, I find it most helpful and end up smarter for it :)

shishy, Vitezi and Dan S like this.
  6. Dan S Aug 30, 2018

Yup, well done. I'm leaning towards re-dial.

ArtVandlay likes this.
  7. ArtVandlay Aug 30, 2018

@Dan S So that would explain the low price point, guess Ill hold off. Thanks again for the help.