Forums Latest Members

Help buying a new speedy co-axial

1. skafen Dec 30, 2014

This is my first post so forgive me for being a newbie. I've been intrigued by the history and looks of speedmasters for several months and I've decided to treat myself to one for my birthday. I've done a ton of research and it looks like the new 9300 movement is a huge step forward for Omega. I'm now trying to decide which 9300 speedy to get. The first one I looked at was the dark side and I almost pulled the trigger. Then I thought maybe going with the 311.33.44.51.01.001 reference would be best since it's more "classic." I know there are no wrong answers, but I'm interested to hear what you'd do if you were buying your first speedy and wanted to go with a 9300.

Cheers and happy new year!

2. Shem Dec 30, 2014

I'm a big Dark Side fan, but if I were picking a non-ceramic 9300 Speedy, it'd probably be the blue titanium version -- the dial is gorgeous, you have to see it in person. I recommend going to an Omega Boutique or AD and checking them all out. One will stand out to you. :)

Edit: don't forget the Grey Side, either. :p

Taddyangle likes this.
  3. watchexpressHH Dec 31, 2014

Black Ceramic vs Steel

My Omega favorite Watch is the Dark Side

May be is this helpfull
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. skafen Dec 31, 2014

Thank you both, I'm still torn but the dark side looks amazing. Would you recommend going to the Omega Boutique in NYC or an AD? Trying to figure out discount potential. Thanks!

5. ctime3 Dec 31, 2014

I went with steel it's my cheap side of the moon

Mothra likes this.
  6. ctime3 Dec 31, 2014

I am no expert but I doubt you would get a big discount. I would do the boutique. Fresher watches not sitting and stopping

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 31, 2014

There's the greyside too!

8. Fusion Jan 3, 2015

I like the manual wind one I think it's much thinner and more historic. But that doesn't answer your question. Buy what you like! Whatever sings to you.