Forums Latest Members
  1. Marugliano Mar 13, 2015

…..

Edited May 18, 2023
  2. m84 Mar 13, 2015

Hey Marugliano, I recognize the watch type but can't specify due to my limited knowledge.
    However, I will suggest that you try and getter better pics as it will facilitate much more in correct identification and possible things to take into consideration on the watch. This will also surely get more people commenting here...

Cheers,

Marugliano likes this.
  3. Marugliano Mar 13, 2015

Thank you going to get better pictures now

4. Marugliano Mar 13, 2015

5. Marugliano Mar 13, 2015

Any green colour is just a reflection from my phone.

6. marturx Mar 14, 2015

Soon someone will chime in and post a picture from an old catalouge. Meantime my bet is on an early 40ies stainless steel 32-33 mm diameter Omega possibly with a cal 30 movement.

The reason why I comment upon it, is because I love the bonklip style bracelet! Possibly Gay Freres. Look for the goat on the buckle part. I find the bracelet more attractive than the watch :)

Marugliano likes this.
  7. Marugliano Mar 14, 2015

Thanks! I cant see no goat on the buckle though!

8. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Mar 14, 2015

Hi, I also bet for a 30mm, probably second half of 40ies. Unfortunately, nearly all my catalogs are pre 1940 and I have an extremely limited reference documentation on cal 30mm. Couldn't find a picture or ad for this watch...

9. Marugliano Mar 14, 2015

The colour of the face is a pink salmon colour.

10. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Mar 14, 2015

Why don't you just open the case back and see what stamped inside?

11. Marugliano Mar 17, 2015

I will do asap any more information

12. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 17, 2015

Maybe "Bonklip" on the little snap buckle?

If so, it may add great value to the combination.

Marugliano likes this.
  13. Marugliano Mar 18, 2015

It says steelinox on the buckle.

14. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Mar 21, 2015

The color of the dial will not be an indication for identifying the model : the reference was given taking into consideration the case design and the caliber type in it. In those years, Omega used to put very diversified dials on watches of the same reference at that time. Very few models had standardised unique dial.
    The best way to identify the model reference will be to have the caliber reference (engraved Under the balance), its serial number (on one plate) and the serial number or reference number engraved inside the caseback. Then we'll be able to search close examples.
    I think that your Watch has a 30T2 Inside. 30T2 was one of the best movements ever made by Omega and it was a huge success. So they sold a lot of them with a very wide variety of cases and dials, which doesn't make identification easy. If the watch was produced end of the 40's or later, it may also have the case reference engraved Inside the caseback instead of the serial number. Then identification will be easy. However, considering the caseback and hands style, it is probably likely to be an earlier model, with a case serial in the 10Million range.
    Moreover I am more interested in earlier calibers and it is slightly outside of my territory, so I may not be the best one to help you. Another possibility is to request an extract of the archives from Omega, it is quite expensive (in my opinion) but with the caliber references and case serial number you'll have more information : reference, production year, country of delivery. Nothing however on original dial and hands style.

Marugliano likes this.
  15. Marugliano Mar 21, 2015

Thank you very much im going to get the back of asap and will start from there, thanks again!

16. rogart ray it again, Ram. Mar 21, 2015

I like the bracelet::love::: It's not Omega i now .Give it to me:p

Marugliano likes this.