Forums Latest Members
  1. mountainguy Jul 31, 2022

I know nothing of Omega watches. Could anyone identify the 3? Do they have their own name or watch reference number? A rough idea of value would be appreciated, the gold one has been worn a few times but the other 2 are new in the box still. I'm sure you get guys like me all the time, but I would really appreciate any information you have to share.

Edited Dec 31, 2022
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jul 31, 2022

What's the story? Did you inherit? How did you get them?

mountainguy and watchyouwant like this.
  3. mountainguy Jul 31, 2022

Edited Dec 31, 2022
  4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 31, 2022

I can tell you that the Constellation Chronometer has a solid gold dial. ::love::

All three look to be in great condition.
    The papers/booklets should have model numbers etc that you can Google to find more info.

As to value, you can search places like Chrono24 to see what asking prices are.
    Some of our US members may have a better idea of value as it can vary, depending upon where in the world you are.

mountainguy likes this.
  5. mountainguy Jul 31, 2022

@JimInOz Thank you for the response. We did look at the papers for the Dynamic and Seamaster. We do not have the papers for the Constellation and I still have not located a picture online of one like it. I found one similar but it was not exact. When you say the dial is solid gold, is that the hands that move around or the flat piece behind it?

6. speedb Jul 31, 2022

The dial is the part of the watch with the writing and the hour markers on it. You can tell that it is gold, because right below the six o'clock marker you can see the text ''OM SWISS MADE OM" where 'OM' is shorthand for 'Or Massif', which translates to 'solid gold'.

paddymoran, BroMega and sheepdoll like this.
  7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jul 31, 2022

Peter Blake GMT. Worth a few grand.

Dynamic III chrono worth a few grand.

Gold dial, fancy f300. Also worth a few grand in gold alone. The “OM” on the dial stands for On Massife which was required on solid gold dials for a period by Swiss law.

Over 10k in watches is my guess.

mountainguy and JimInOz like this.
  8. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 31, 2022

With stainless steel watches, production runs were in the hundreds of thousands, so there are a lot of examples around.
    The solid gold Connie would not have been produced in large numbers, and a lot would have been scrapped for their considerable gold content, therefore there aren't many survivors, especially in that condition.

Please ensure that the battery is removed ASAP. A flat battery can degrade and leak electrolyte into the watch, which isn't good.

mountainguy and Foo2rama like this.
  9. ConElPueblo Aug 2, 2022

A Dynamic Chrono is around €2K, and the Seamaster GMT is around $2.5-3K. I sold a Dynamic last year and follow the GMT market pretty regularly. There isn't that much gold in the Constellation - a variant not particularly sought after, I'd put it at around $1.5K.

I am not downplaying the attractivenes of the watches, they are really, really nice and would make an excellent collection in their own right (which I guess they were...). A GMT diver, a flyer chrono and a vintage, gold dress watch. All are fantastic models - someone knew what he was doing buying these :)

@mountainguy - you can look up the reference numbers in the papers to research some more, just remember that most prices you see online are asking prices, not sales prices (especially on Chrono24...). The Seamaster GMT is likely a ref 2534.50.00, the Dynamic is a ref. 5240.5000 and the Constellation probably a ref. 198.0022.

Edited Aug 2, 2022
    mountainguy, Foo2rama, Dan S and 5 others like this.
  10. paddymoran Aug 2, 2022

If you go to eBay and search sold items, filtering for “Auction” under “Buying Format”, you’ll get a good sense of their value on the open market (as opposed to sellers expectations).