Forums Latest Members

Help an FBI agent find his stolen Explorer - and maybe get a gun off the street

1. propervinyl Nov 9, 2017

Hi everyone,

According to this article in the New York Times, a senior agent in the FBI's international terrorism section got robbed after a night of drinking in Charlotte, NC. They took a Rolex Explorer, and his Glock.

The police report filed in the case indicates that the Explorer had a serial of 7288T9U9. With the little I know about Rolex serials, this would be relatively recent production.

Jokes about drinking with strippers aside, there's a gun on the street, and OF members may be able to save the day!

If any of us come across this watch, it would be worth calling the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department.

PSA over for the day. Let the wisecracks begin....

2. fiirmoth Nov 9, 2017

Given that this is an FBI agent with a glock...It is probably a one of the new Glocks...which would mean it would have the 17M designation on it which would make it pretty rare as those are not sold to the general public. The public gets on that says GEN5... if that helps anyone who sees it.

EDIT: Nevermind. This article is from July. And the Glock was a .40 caliber which is not the new glocks they are now being issued.

watch3s likes this.
  3. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Nov 9, 2017

I'll bite...

"So the FBI wants the average man/ woman on the street to track down a criminal for THEM?

Next they will want us to house the criminal in a jail cell we have to build in our own basement."

...yeah, that was weak, but I don't want to offend too many on OF by making some real jokes about this.

4. propervinyl Nov 9, 2017

To be clear - FBI is not asking us to solve this or get the gun back.

It was a story in today's New York Times about a crime that remains unsolved. A story coated in a thick lather of absurdity.

5. calalum Nov 9, 2017

Pix?

mr_yossarian likes this.