Forums Latest Members
  1. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Oct 12, 2012

Hi Guys,
    I saw this yesterday and maybe stupidly (you tell me?) put the winning bid on it!
    Since then, I have become hooked and reading through here see more i really like the look of and am learning a lot from these forums.
    I was hoping someone could tell me if the one at the link here is a really terrible idea or not!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-MEN...-/280987841683?ssPageName=ADME:L:COSI:US:1123Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I love the look of it but the roman numerals just don't look right. Do you think it is a replacement dial? Or a bad touch up on an original dial? Do you think it is mostly original?
    Also, can you tell me anything about it, year, model etc?
    I'm also a little concerned as the seller is in Uruguay!
    Any answers you can give this newbie are greatly appreicated.
    Thanks,
    Shaun

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 12, 2012

Run!. The watch is some sort of Franken. The movement, though real, has the serial numbers drilled out?. The dial is either an Omega dial made for the Omega RG homage Watch or a copy, either way did not come on the watch. I have seen the dials used for the Omega Homage Watches, but I am not familiar with that one, all of the real Omega dials I have seen like this have applied Roman numerals, not painted, I believe this one is a poor copy. Notice how the brushing in the seconds sub dial is the same as the brushing in the chapter ring, it should be separately finished with concentric circles. MSNwatch would know for sure. The case may be real but the back does not look right.

omazul.jpg

3. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Oct 12, 2012

Thank you Steve, I havent paid for it, and I would have felt obliged to (and I would have been OK to) pay if it had been real. Seeing as he is trying to sell a fake (or at least a bizarre mish mash) I shall take your advice and leave well alone.
    I will look around the site and buy from here or at least get advice before I bid again!
    Thanks again, you have save saved me from buying junk!
    Shaun