Forums Latest Members
  1. Sarkosky Jan 14, 2013

I'm an AD of Omega Watches and an OmegaFan from Italy...

...hello boys...:thumbsup:

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 14, 2013

Hi and welcome mate!

I've always known there has been a very strong contingent of serious Italian Omega collectors, especially Speedmaster fans, good to see some more around!

Just curious, as someone with a lot of watches around, what do you own personally?

3. Sarkosky Jan 14, 2013

Ploprof, MoonToMars, AquaTerra RyderCup...

PS tomorrow I leave for Bienne, in the course Grand Ambassador!!!

Longbow likes this.
  4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 14, 2013

Ah cool pic of the Ploprof in your avatar, someone's wrist is a bit small for that giant thing

5. Sarkosky Jan 14, 2013

::jumpy::

6. ulackfocus Jan 14, 2013

Hi Sarkosky, welcome to the forum. :thumbsup: From the looks of your avatar, your employee training starts pretty early. :p

7. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 14, 2013

Welcome but, non dimenticate, ragazze anche qui.:thumbsup:

8. The GMT Master Chris @ ΩF Jan 14, 2013

Congratulations! I was hoping to get onto that course myself eventually, but left the AD before I got to go on the second tier training course in London. Is that the week long course?

Longbow likes this.
  9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 14, 2013

What is the course?

Longbow likes this.
  10. The GMT Master Chris @ ΩF Jan 14, 2013

It's Omega's salesperson's training - basically, they split it into three sessions. The first is regional, and basic. Top few from that go to a national training session over a couple of days, and the top two from that session get to go to Bienne. A pretty cool opportunity!

Longbow likes this.
  11. Sarkosky Jan 14, 2013

Yessssss

The Big Course...

12. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 14, 2013

Maybe mention us to the boys in Bienne, I know a lot of people from Omega's offices in Bienne view omegaforums daily from the traffic logs, but as of yet none are actual members

13. The GMT Master Chris @ ΩF Jan 16, 2013

We'll be wanting a full report! :thumbsup:

Longbow likes this.
  14. Longbow Aug 17, 2018

Hi OF folks,
    Sorry to resurrect such an old thread but I was in an AD in England yesterday and the sales chap mentioned that he is a Grand Ambassador; only one of three in the country (can anyone else confirm that?). I was a bit confused initially as I have only heard of Brand Ambassadors, so I thought I had just miss-heard until I saw this thread.

What was obvious though was the level of historical product knowledge and personal Omega ownership of this chap, which made for a much more engaging conversation generally. A Grand Ambassador seems to be a very different „beast“ than your average sales person.

We touched on the ST1 vs ST2 release process, the logic behind the Tokyo 2020 release this year, the multi-year waiting list that already exists for the 2019 Apollo 11 anniversary Speedy issue and a bunch of other stuff more generally related to across-the-board Master Chronometer deployment.

At some point in the proceedings he mentioned that a Globemaster GMT is indeed on the drawing boards at Omega but won’t see the light of day this side of 2020, due to all the other new releases and new factory production ramp-up pressures.

I can’t decide if it was just wishful thinking on my part or if actually heard him mention some new manual wind MC movements appearing in smaller, thinner cases....I hope so.

All-in-all a pleasant way for a WIS to spend an hour or so on his birthday.

Cheers

Nick

And a gratuitous pic of my daughter taking a shine to my RM. 2188CDDC-7F31-4F03-A7FE-90C43B8F3DC2.jpeg
    no chance madam!!!