Forums Latest Members
  1. deltapapa17 Oct 11, 2016

Just started getting into collecting Vintage Omegas, so of course I bought one today before really researching it (just found this forum).

I fell in love with this one, won it for a very good price (less than buy it now) and now wondering if it is a fake. The seller's feedback looks good (though not all from watches) and I need to get the opinion of the minds here whether I should tell them to hold off and cancel it (thank you in advance):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252571872115?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:ITPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Edited Oct 11, 2016
  2. arcadelt Oct 11, 2016

I know nothing about the model, but it is a nice looking watch. I hope the experts chime in and tell you that it's real.

3. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Oct 11, 2016

There are no movement photos, it is hard to tell the shape of the movement. Since you already bought it, I would suggest your take it to a watchmaker as soon as you receive to have the movement checked out. The seller is offering a 30 guarantee so you can take a little comfort that you can return it if the movement is in bad shape.

4. Edward53 Oct 11, 2016

It looks like a genuine watch in the photos. Where he has previously sold redialled watches he says so in the description. Obviously you should get it checked out as mentioned above, but it may be that he hasn't shown the movement because he doesn't have the right tool to open it. Movement should be the highly-regarded 752. Obviously never say never but my guess is the watch will be ok.

chronos likes this.
  5. Rman Oct 11, 2016

If you bought it why is it still listed for sale?

6. Interstellar Oct 11, 2016

Dial looks ok to me. Case looks too crisp but seller did mentioned that it has been polished to remove the scratches. Of interest would be the movement shot.

7. deltapapa17 Oct 11, 2016

Thank you for the quick response for those who offered to help. I fell in love with the watch and was more concerned with losing it. And then the "too good to be true" fairy started buzzing around my head. And then I found this forum so asked urgently since I could possibly still cancel (I only sent paypal payment this morning).

8. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Oct 11, 2016

The watch is coming from South Korea. The Koreans have a unique perspective on watch collecting. They tend to over restore watches, replacing hands, refinishing dials etc. However, the standards of restoration are sometimes so high that you have a hard time telling the restoration from original.

I suspect that's what you have here. It is too clean and too bright. But it may turn out to be a very nice watch.

All depends on what you want.
    gatorcpa

Taddyangle, mozartman and cicindela like this.
  9. deltapapa17 Oct 11, 2016

I am completely happy with a fully restored vintage Omega as long as it is an actual Omega. In fact if it proves to be true I would consider another.

I guess it is the equivalent of a classic 60's muscle car with a non factory paint job and new non matching driveline.

And I am ok with that though I can understand why purists may not be. Thanks again I am learning so much here already !

10. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 11, 2016

Did the price to up?

11. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Oct 11, 2016

Looks like a nice watch, but it's still showing for sale. ::confused2::

12. deltapapa17 Oct 11, 2016

13. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Oct 11, 2016

I saw that one over the weekend and gave it some consideration. Pretty cool looking. Congrats.

14. deltapapa17 Oct 11, 2016

I can't tell you how much I am lusting that watch-something about it. I can't wait to get it!! I will try to find someone to confirm it's movement as soon as I get it.

15. deltapapa17 Oct 19, 2016

Took it to my local high end watch repair shop. He went over it and confirmed it was a legit Omega and the insides looked good, but the dial was definitely refinished (which was previously mentioned/assumed here).

Don't know if the picture below helps or hurts with the weird glare, but it is WAY lighter and actually smaller than I thought. Felt it would be bulkier and more "Robby the Robot" but it is big enough for a man, but it would look good on a woman too methinks.

Either way I am happy with it, and definitely appreciate all the great help that was offered here!

unnamed.jpg

axiale, GuiltyBoomerang and ahartfie like this.
  16. Edward53 Oct 20, 2016

If that's a redial, it's been done with quite amazing skill. Looks indistinguishable from an original.