Forums Latest Members
  1. phc May 22, 2017

Hi, I'm new here. Just bought my first vintage Omega and I have a horrible feeling I'm hooked.

This is bewildering world though! I'd like to be able to do some research into the models of Omega there have been, so I can perhaps narrow down my area of interest, but I'm having trouble finding a reliable catalogue of vintage watches. So, my first question is, does such a thing exist?

The list on the Omega Watches website has very few pictures, which makes indentification difficult!

Nice to meet you all.

Oh, and I'm in London.

neilfrancis likes this.
  2. tyrantlizardrex May 22, 2017

Hey. Welcome along!

There is a book, published by Omega, called "A Journey Through Time" which is about 4 inches thick and has an awful lot of the old models in (up until around 2008) - it's about £225... worth investing in if you're in for the long run.

There are also lots of catalogues, but since collectors buy these, the prices are... high.

This site also has a lot of old scans, and is free - http://www.old-omegas.com/

If you're in London, and interested in meeting other watch nerds, then there's an event tomorrow night: www.time4apint.com/events

Cheers

Chris

watchknut likes this.
  3. Davidt May 22, 2017

Foo2rama likes this.
  4. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF May 22, 2017

If you are interested in Omega Constellations or Dynamics here is a gold mine of knowledge: http://omega-constellation-collectors.blogspot.com/

If the Speedmaster spins your wheels there's http://speedmaster101.com/

Davidt and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  5. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass May 22, 2017

Welcome, and you must make time4apint...you will make great connections.

This is a wonderful passion, and even better group of guys and gals (all 2 of them!).

neilfrancis and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  6. Omega1 May 22, 2017

Hi and welcome to this forum.. and you are in the right place to see some beautiful omega watches new and vintage...

7. phc May 22, 2017

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'll check out those resources.

This is my Omega. I don't know very much about it (even if it's the real thing or not!) I'd be delighted if someone can identify it :)

IMG_1906.JPG
    kkt likes this.
  8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 22, 2017

What you find is to paraphrase John Mayer the last thing you actually have to read and teach yourself about.

I keep a running list of bookmarks containing good information I've run across. Buried in forums or personal websites people have put on the net amazing pieces of research. It's spread out :(

Once you find something you like start the google search and enjoy the search and the hunt.

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 22, 2017

That's some A-Grade facial hair you're rocking mate, welcome to OF!

10. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado May 22, 2017

Welcome on board, you've come to the right place to learn about watches.

Foo2rama likes this.