Forums Latest Members
  1. margaux12345 Mar 25, 2017

Hello watch lovers around the world, i'm new to this forum!

And immediately have a big question. Is this watch a good buy, and does anyone know the seller?
    How do i know if it's a real omega watch, and real gold and all? Its such a pretty vintage I have to find out!

http://www.chrono24.com/omega/vintage-lady-diamond--id4712376.htm

Thanks already for your help! Ps. I can ask for more pictures of course, maybe the seller will make me more.

Greetz! Margaux Selene

Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 18.38.44.png Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 18.38.56.png Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 18.39.10.png
    kingsrider likes this.
  2. Uniqez Mar 25, 2017

Welcome to the forum @margaux12345. I'm far from being an Omega expert and can't really say if it is something omega made back in 60s.I would make a suggestion : ask the seller for the movement, case back pictures then you could look online on omega web site, Google it etc.
    I have a doubts that this was made by omega though.

margaux12345 likes this.
  3. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Mar 25, 2017

I can only help you with the bracelet and the case. Make sure they're both marked with either 18kt. or .750. Also make sure the overall length is long enough to fit your wrists. A bonus would be if the diamonds at the top and bottom of the case are full cut.

Would be best if the "real" Omega guys can tell you about the watch itself.

Good Hunting, Miki

TNTwatch, OMGRLX and margaux12345 like this.
  4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 25, 2017

I'm confident that it was.

It may be from around 1960 to 1965, possibly similar to the "Golden Link" collection, as described in Omega advertising of the time as "inspired by smoke rings and rippling water".

Omega made many hundreds of variations of ladies jewellery watches, possibly more than the mens varieties at the time.

Probably has a manual wind caliber 620 or similar which was used in the ladies jewellery line in the 1950s/1960s.

It's essential that you have good clear photographs of all hallmarks on the case and bracelet and I would press the seller to provide photographs of the movement and inside caseback.

Cheers

Jim

TNTwatch, OMGRLX, MikiJ and 1 other person like this.
  5. Davidt Mar 26, 2017

Bear in mind there's not a huge market for ladies vintage watches, so even if the seller provides hallmark pictures to prove its solid gold, you should ask for the weight to determine the scrap value and ensure you're not paying multiples of it. The diamonds aren't really adding any value due to their size.

TNTwatch and margaux12345 like this.
  6. RJwatches Mar 26, 2017

I think it's a nice piece of jewelry for women, as mentioned before, there's not a huge market for ladies vintage watches, so I reckon you could get the price down quite a bit.

Get the seller to prove it's solid gold and let him show the movement and I think that for 1000 euros that will be a nice bracelet/watch for a women :thumbsup:

OMGRLX and margaux12345 like this.
  7. dialstatic Mar 26, 2017

I can confirm that this model existed in the Omega line. I came across one a while back when looking for a jewelry watch for my wife. Of course, that's no guarantee that this one is authentic, but I'd say your odds are good.

Sadly, because the interest interest in vintage ladies' watches is relatively low, they're often worth little more that their gold weight. Which of course is good news for you, and makes it extra important that you get good shots of the hallmarks.

OMGRLX and margaux12345 like this.
  8. Uniqez Mar 26, 2017

I should rephrase my post. I meant that someone took cal.483 or 620 and put it in custom made case.
    I did quick research couldn't find similar watch.
    But, I'm far from being an expert that's for sure)

9. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Mar 26, 2017

Hi Margaux, welcome, I would say the same advice as @JimInOz, before you spend that kind of money you must get the seller to send additional close up pictures (hallmarks, inside of the case back, caliber).
    Also perhaps a higher resolution picture of the dial? It wonder whether the dial may have been refinished-- although I'm not sure it matters so much for a piece of jewelery like this one. Others may have a better idea.
    Best regards,
    S

MikiJ likes this.
  10. marturx Mar 26, 2017

That's a nice ladies bracelet. I cannot see the meaning of throwing in that tiny watch dial and that giant winding crown into the creation, though.

Welcome to the forum!

Nice to have another @meganfox17 onboard!

11. margaux12345 Mar 27, 2017

Thank you all for your helpful replies! Meanwhile I got some pictures of the watch, but i couldn't see the gold marks or other type of numbers on the case. I posted the pictures below. Should I ask again for the gold marks?

Have a nice day!

Margaux

IMG_5882.JPG IMG_5883.JPG IMG_5884.JPG
  12. tyrantlizardrex Mar 27, 2017

100% - and if the seller has nothing to hide, then they should have no issue doing this for you.

If they choose to be difficult, walk away, there are always more watches. :thumbsup:

Larry S, margaux12345, Davidt and 2 others like this.
  13. RJwatches Mar 27, 2017

Ask for the gold markings and a picture of the movement!

That way we'll be able to tell you everything you want to know

margaux12345 and MikiJ like this.
  14. Vitezi Mar 27, 2017

margaux12345 and Uniqez like this.
  15. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Mar 27, 2017

I've chatted with a Gentleman that collects Gilbert Albert designed Patek watches. Roni operates a wild game farm in Africa.
    Gilbert Albert designed cases for Patek in the 50s and 60s.These timepieces are very rare and very collectable.
    A few years ago Patek reintroduced the Trapazoid. However it wasn't very popular then. I'm sure some day it will be ;)

Lucasssssss and margaux12345 like this.
  16. margaux12345 Mar 27, 2017

You mean the Patek watchs by Albert are very rare and collectible? Must be, because I have never met anyone who owns one!

17. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Mar 27, 2017

Let us say that I was very much into Pateks at one time. I've only met one person, Roni, that has a "few", when he posted a WTB on Purists a couple of decades ago. The original versions are as rare as hens teeth. Like I said, the newer version will probably be the same. Especially since they were not so popular, there were fewer made. Few = Rare ;) Go find one for sale and I think you'll see what I mean.

18. margaux12345 Mar 27, 2017

Hello!

As you can see here is the movement. What do you guys think?^^ @RJwatches
    Maybe a little bit blurry though. Hope it will help anyway!

IMG_5887.JPG IMG_5888.JPG
    divetime likes this.
  19. tyrantlizardrex Mar 27, 2017

It's a start @margaux12345 - but really you need to see clearly what the hallmarks on both the inside of the case are, and those on the outside/bracelet... without checking those, it might as well be made from tinfoil ;)

Davidt and MikiJ like this.
  20. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Mar 27, 2017

First of all, I am very happy to welcome you to the forum. Secondly, is your Avatar a picture of you?. If so, AMAZING!. Ok, in a former career, I worked as a project manager building homes here in California. A predominantly male venture. When a beautiful woman came onto the job site all work stopped in appreciation, no cat calls or lude suggestions, just admiration. Your arrival feels the same. Welcome!