Forums Latest Members

Hello, Members! Early Date Change Problem!! Help!!

1. e36er May 7, 2013

Hello, members.
    I am new to this forum and have a problem with my 2225.80.00.
    The watch changes its date waaaayyyy too early at 8PM instead of around midnight.
    I have never dropped or hit the watch.
    I have a few other watches I wear and had this watch stored for about a week.
    I just noticed it as I was setting the date and time.
    What should I do?

(To be honest...it doesn't bother me at all but just a bit concerned.)

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 7, 2013

Not uncommon on the ETA 7750, its a slow date change and there are specific instructions to that movement that you're not allowed to change the date when the time is close to midnight, I believe (Archer feel free to correct if I'm wrong) that changing the date during that time can throw it off or cause other issues like this.

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 8, 2013

Hello - the start of the date change is quite early, but the time that it actually jumps to the next date should be between 11:50 pm and 1 am per Omega specs. In itself this early date change is not a problem, and if it has always been this way, it's a matter of removing and resetting the hands to bring it to within tolerances. If the watch changed within Omega specs previously and is now completing the date change at 8 pm, I would get it looked at.

Cheers, Al

4. TOTIZ Apr 10, 2018

Good afternoon Ladies and Gents,

My apologies for resurrecting a five year old thread, but this is what the search section threw up.
    @Archer - in your last post, you mentioned „getting it looked at“. Would removing and resetting the hands be time consuming and expensive ? Could there also be other reasons for the early date jump ?

The reason I’m asking is that there is a watch on offer (ref 48333132) with this fault and I don‘t want to make an offer, where any possible repair cost will outweigh offering a fair price.

My thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

Cheers
    TOTIZ

Edited due to wording. I‘d like to make a fair offer, but not if the repair could potentially cost an arm and a leg ::shy::

Edited Apr 10, 2018
  5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 10, 2018

You would just have to find someone willing to do this without requiring a full service. I don't do small jobs like this but in reality it's a 15 minute job. Assuming this is a DeVille GMT with a Cal. 2628 then the only real reason for the date change being early would be the manner that the hands were put on.

6. TOTIZ Apr 10, 2018

@Archer

Thank you for the prompt response, much appreciated and very helpful :thumbsup:
    The watch is indeed a DeVille GMT, so after your feedback I can now carry on my research and make a fair offer.

Have a good day.

Cheers
    TOTIZ

7. 77deluxe Apr 10, 2018

Is it correct to assume that if this is due to the hands incorrectly installed, you could leave it alone without adverse consequences?

8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 10, 2018

Yes

9. ulackfocus Apr 10, 2018

Premature edatechangelation.

eugeneandresson and TOTIZ like this.
  10. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 10, 2018

Remember the guy that stayed up to midnight to check the date change and was going to tell us what happened the next day what happens at midnight. ( he was annoyed having to stay up several nights in a row with a new watch )

Until a member said he could just change the time instead of staying up each night

:D:D
    Wish I could find the thread

Edit; Did find this fun one

https://omegaforums.net/threads/seiko-automatic-diver-200m.18326/#post-197834

Edited Apr 10, 2018
    frederico likes this.
  11. TOTIZ Apr 10, 2018

Ahhhh new horological terminology ;)

12. ulackfocus Apr 10, 2018

I can top that (sorry for the oneupmanship Andy) - since we're on the subject, I can't believe this dullard admitted this on the www for everyone to see:

http://www.watchtalkforums.info/forums/thread68623.html

frederico likes this.
  13. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Apr 10, 2018

'speedmasterbation is the primary cause of premature edatechangelation '

::psy::
    ::facepalm1::