Forums Latest Members
  1. americanaut Jul 10, 2019

Hello all,

Time for a quick introduction. I'm new to the forum, but have been reading for a while. Always had a thing for watches, but I don't know too much about the craftsmanship and technical ingenuity that goes into it - so I'm here to learn a thing or two as well. I've had a few watches, but nothing too special or fancy. My favorite and the one I will never ever sell is a 1973 Speedmaster Mark IV I inherited from my grandfather. Here's a photo the way I got it about a decade ago:

[​IMG]

I had the Speedy serviced and refurbished for my wedding last year, but have yet to take new photos of it. As this one is of much personal value, it don't gets out too much, only on special occasions. I plan on adding a Speedmaster Professional for everyday use soon.

The only other watch I own right now is a Zeno:

[​IMG]

I hope to add a few more Omegas along the line. Eager to learn more through the help of this forum, and happy to contribute what I can.

- James

Taddyangle and Waxtactic like this.
  2. SG90 Jul 10, 2019

Hello and Welcome James.

Great looking watch from your Grandfather, it would be good to see a new picture to see the difference between then and the now refurbished version.

Did you get it done with Omega directly?

3. Bille Jul 10, 2019

Hi James

Welcome to OF - and congrats with your nice Mark IV - it a nice watch you inherited from your grandfather. Do you have more pictures of it?

4. americanaut Jul 10, 2019

Thank you both :thumbsup:

I had it done through a local watchmaker, whose shop is a "certified OMEGA service point", if that's a thing. It's no OB though, but I visited twice during the refreshing and saw all the OEM OMEGA packages containing the necessary items for my watch.

No good ones, but I can search for an iPhone photo. Better ones to follow soon ;)

5. Waxtactic Jul 10, 2019

Welcome to the party! Nice Mark 3 btw!

6. Harts Jul 10, 2019

Welcome! Love the speedy!

7. FreelanceWriter Jul 10, 2019

Welcome. Where in Switzerland?

8. kov Trüffelschwein. Jul 10, 2019

Hey James, welcome and greetings from Neuchâtel ;)

KingCrouchy likes this.
  9. americanaut Jul 11, 2019

Thank you all very much :thumbsup:

I live close to St. Gallen, in the German speaking Eastern Switzerland.

I've been there in spring and visited the Omega museum for the first time. Greetings back, fellow Swiss ;)

kov likes this.