Forums Latest Members
  1. bean_counter Sep 11, 2017

Hi,
    Newbie from the Midwest US here; I’m south west of Chicago, on the edge of the cornfields.

I stumbled into OF while looking for information vintage Omegas. Just a few days of lurking and I have picked up enough to see many of the watches I was interested in were grossly overpriced, redials, polished to death, frankenwatches, etc. Amazing, the amount of info shared here!

I’m not a watch collector by any means, but I’m looking at an entry level vintage Seamaster or Connie, for everyday wear at the office. Something correct, but not so collectable I would worry about wearing it.

I dipped my toe in the mechanical watch pool with a 2nd hand Christopher Ward Malvern II automatic. I followed up with a Maratac large pilot on a Stowa strap. I’m hooked on automatics now.

I also have a Waltham key wind, key set pocket watch I use for US civil war reenacting (I portray a Federal bandsman and field musician). Post war (1871), but the correct watch for the period.

I likely will post infrequently - I don't like to speak when I don't know what I'm talking about - but I’m looking forward to hanging out and learning.

Rumar89 and Foo2rama like this.