Forums Latest Members
  1. Thumpinhard25 Aug 12, 2016

Hi guys, this is actually my 3rd post but j haven't formally introduced myself. My names Mike from Memphis Tn. I always wanted a nice watch and in 2008 I spent the money from my last military deployment on a Tag Heuer. Well that led to my fiancée needing a watch and I purchased her a Tissot. Next came a work watch and I picked up a Citizen Dive watch. Around this time, a friend of mine introduced me to his Omega Speedmaster 20th anniversary watch. I knew one day I had to have one. Well skip forward to a few weeks ago and I inherited a few watches. One being an antique Omega, which lead me to this site, in hopes to learn more about it. Turns out it's a 14311, and a really cool watch. It's also my first mechanical/auto watch and I love the feel of it. Hooked on it, got me thinking about that moon watch again. I made a phone call and 6 hours later I became the proud owner of the 20th anniversary watch that I saw so many years ago. Now I'm just waiting on my wife to return next weekend with it. So that's me, thanks for all the help you guys have given. I really appreciate it.

2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Aug 12, 2016

Welcome!

Congrats on the incoming Speedmaster.... it's a real classic, :thumbsup:

and pretty rare reference here on OF. :whistling:

Thumpinhard25 likes this.
  3. Selbo Aug 12, 2016

I spent five years in Memphis. At least once a week I crave ribs from the Rendezvous. I crave the talent on the Peabody rooftop on a daily basis. Memphis in August is tough though...

Welcome to the forum! And you'll learn pretty quickly, talk is cheap. Let's see some pictures!

4. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Aug 12, 2016

Welcome to the Forum @Thumpinhard25 !

One thing that we REALLY like here is photos of awesome watches. How about a shot or two of your Ref.14311 for example. And of course, when your 20th Anniversary comes in, more photos!

5. Thumpinhard25 Aug 12, 2016

Hi. Thanks for the welcome. I'll get some pics up as soon as my Speedmaster gets to the house. Here's a couple of the 14311.
    i thanks

image.png image.png image.png
  6. Clibka Aug 21, 2016

Hey mike! Welcome, from a fellow new guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Aug 23, 2016

Welcome. My parents, brother and sister all live in Memphis.