Forums Latest Members
  1. fritjoff Oct 11, 2018

Hello to everyone,

I'm a new memeber and would like to introduce myself to the forum. I live in Germany and have been a fan of the Speedmaster ever since Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin set foot on the moon. Actually I was ten years old then and enthustiastically wrote a daily Apollo 11 mission diary. I even wrote to Houston to the astronauts' families and asked for their fathers' autographs (which I even received after a log, long time waiting). Unfortunately they were all stolen from our houses way back in the early seventies ...

Of course for my confirmation in 1972 my only wish was a Speedmaster but that was a bit to expensive. My grandparents gave me a Heuer Carrera Ref. 1153s instead which I still own and cherish alot as it has accompanied me on my wrist ever since.

I feel that now the time has come to finally fulfill my childhood's dream ...

All the best
    fritjoff

P.S.: Thanks to the Omegas Forums and all the people behind that have gathered so much precious information and are always willing to share their knowledge. This is a wonderful worldwide family!

ext1, Longbow and mr_yossarian like this.
  2. mr_yossarian Oct 11, 2018

Welcome then! And only one Speedy could be a bit difficult for you from now on :)

3. xeasygoingx Jul 7, 2019

Unfortunately true :D

4. albertob Jul 7, 2019

Welcome!