Forums Latest Members
  1. xeasygoingx Aug 27, 2017

Dear OF,

My name is Nicolas from Germany and this is my first posting within this forum. Some months before I bought this beautiful timepiece which I expect to be manufactured around 1969/70 (movement serial nr. 27######):

Omega Speedmaster 1.JPG
    I know that some of you will immediately realize that this is not the original bracelet (1479). This watch will be some kind of project as it is currently under full service @Omega. What I got as a first feedback is that the tritium is beginning to fall-out from the hands. So I have asked them to remove it but reinstall the original hands. I truly hope they will do so :). Returning from the service I will try to find a corresponsing bracelet for the manufacturing time period. I really learned a lot during the past months and I never expected this variation of parts and "assembly possibilities" (not sure if this word is really existing in Englisch) and what criterias have to be considered to have an authentical setup of the watch. But to me this is one of the fascinating aspects around the Speedy. I am happy to be part of this community with this unbelievable set of knowledge.

Have a good start into the new week.

Best regards
    Nicolas

watchme, Georgieboy58, Omega1 and 4 others like this.
  2. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Aug 27, 2017

Welcome to the Forum, Nicolas.

While I've had no personal experience with Omega service, reading of others' experiences here on the Forum indicates that maintaining originality is not their goal when servicing watches returned to them. Your chances of again seeing those original hands may be pretty grim.

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Aug 27, 2017

Hi Nicolas - Welcome to the forum!

4. Moppel Aug 27, 2017

Cheers and welcome to a fellow German.
    BR
    Thomas

watchme likes this.
  5. xeasygoingx Aug 27, 2017

Thanks to both of you. Yes that's what I heard about "full services @home" too. I add some hand written comment on the order confirmation and talked personally to the guy in the Omega shop. Let's see if it works - I'll have the result in some weeks ... maybe interesting for others in Germany thinking about ordering a full service.

6. xeasygoingx Aug 27, 2017

Thanks Thomas!

7. Longbow Aug 27, 2017

Moin!
    Welcome Nicolas. If you don't give Omega precise instructions for the service then there is a real chance that they will attempt to re-set your watch to "as new". However, my experience has been that if you are very precise about what should and should not be changed they will try very hard to meet your wishes. Was your Speedmaster sent to Pforzheim? If it was I will send you the details of a really helpful guy there.

Cheers

Nick (aka Longbow).

watchme and noelekal like this.
  8. xeasygoingx Aug 27, 2017

Hey Nick

Thanks a lot - excellent hint! I am not sure if it was sent to Pforzheim or even to Biel. I have to find out tomorrow. I tried to catch my contact person in the Omega office on Friday but she was not there.

Have a nice evening.

Best regards
    Nicolas

Longbow likes this.
  9. nixf6 Aug 27, 2017

Welcome to the forum.Hope it all goes well with your watch service.Post some photos when it's returned.

10. xeasygoingx Aug 27, 2017

Thanks nixf6 ... I will do.

11. xeasygoingx Aug 28, 2017

Hey Nick,

Had a really surprising phone call today with my Omega shop. They told me that the service is completed (!) and the watch under final quality inspection. They expect to have it ready for pick-up by mid/ end of next week. And the biggest surprise - the tritium in the hands could be saved so that I will receive it in the original setup. That's almost unbelievable - name and adress of the shop will follow. Would be fine to have more Mondays like this one :) ...

Best regards
    Nicolas

watchme, Longbow and noelekal like this.
  12. mr_yossarian Aug 28, 2017

German No.6, we are taking OF over! :)
    Welcome and have a good time, greetings from Berlin!

Longbow and noelekal like this.
  13. xeasygoingx Aug 28, 2017

Thanks mr_yossarian ... I am thinking about changing my nickname ;) (German No.6)

watchme, Longbow and mr_yossarian like this.
  14. Longbow Aug 28, 2017

That's quick. Did they say what else was done? I'm really curious to know how this turns out. We are going to need lots of photos!

15. Longbow Aug 28, 2017

Who are the others?

chipsotoole likes this.
  16. mr_yossarian Aug 29, 2017

watchme and Longbow like this.
  17. xeasygoingx Aug 30, 2017

Hey Nick,

I currently have no details on what was done - but will ask in detail. I'll let you know ...

18. Georgieboy58 Aug 30, 2017

watchme, mr_yossarian and Longbow like this.
  19. mr_yossarian Aug 30, 2017

Well, good time to bump the thread then now :)

20. Maitreyoda007 Aug 30, 2017

Salut Nicolas, un Breton ici?