Forums Latest Members
  1. chryses Sep 20, 2019

Hello everyone. Up until a year ago I had basically zero interest in watches. But while doing some spring cleaning I came across a box that had my father's old Seamaster DeVille inside. I had it serviced locally, bought a new strap, and started wearing it around. And ... now I keep looking at everyone else's watch. And wanting to buy watches.

I've become used to the 34mm case, though, so every modern watch I try on looks gigantic. Though I'm sure I'll get used to them (I've got a 7.5" wrist). I'm not sure I'm ready to dip my toes in the waters of vintage watch collecting yet, so for my first few purchases I'd like to go modern/new(ish).

My current plan is to pick up a Tudor BB58 (baby steps toward a bigger watch) and then an Aqua Terra 8900 (dark blue dial). Although given the wait times for the Tudor, I'll probably have to reverse the order of acquisition. Of course, that plan will probably change the more photos I look at and blogs I read. But so far I just keep coming back to those two.

Obligatory wrist shot of the DeVille below. I know how important it is to join a forum of like-minded enablers when you're about to start purchasing expensive things, so I wanted to get the ball rolling with this post. Greetings to all.

watch.jpg

2. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Sep 20, 2019

Welcome! There is a sizable local contingent here. City or burbs?

3. chryses Sep 20, 2019

In the city - just a couple blocks away from the Omega boutique on Michigan. Probably another reason why I keep thinking about Omega watches - I walk past that store at least twice a day.

Saturn V likes this.
  4. squarelug Sep 20, 2019

5. SouthernScot Sep 20, 2019

Welcome, nice introduction, have fun! There’s loads of knowledge here.

6. rob_s_Z06 Sep 20, 2019

Count me as a born Chicagoan relocated to the burbs but now in FL

7. Keith88lx Sep 20, 2019

Hello from the NW burbs

8. rob_s_Z06 Sep 20, 2019

I’m a former resident of Chicago Ridge and then Burbank! Moved to S. Florida for work. It’s nice here, but the food sucks compared to anything in IL!!

9. jtrower1 Oct 10, 2019

Hello from Oak Park

10. rob_s_Z06 Oct 10, 2019

Hello! I’m a former Chicagoan now in S. Florida!!

11. jtrower1 Oct 10, 2019

Man, a lot of us have moved to S. Florida

rob_s_Z06 likes this.