Forums Latest Members
  1. r6girl Feb 13, 2018

Hi! New member here.

I have to admit up front that my Omega days are now behind me. I now wear an Apple Watch (gasp!) daily and do so for the notifications and health tracking. I love my Omega but find that I've worn it only a handful of times since I got my first Apple Watch in 2014.

Second admission: I joined this forum to get some pricing advice on selling my Omega. I see that there is a minimum post requirement to post anything for sale, which makes sense and is standard at other forums I frequent and I don't wish to circumvent that. However, is asking for pricing advice breaking the spirit of that rule?

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 13, 2018

Generally yes, if you want to sell it for market value take some very good quality photos and list it on eBay, you'll likely get an appropriate price.

r6girl likes this.
  3. r6girl Feb 13, 2018

Thanks for your response!

I'm leaning away from selling it on eBay, to be frank. I have lots of experience with eBay (member since 2000, 100% positive ratings) but I'm more comfortable doing an in-person transaction locally given the (hopefully) high value of my watch.

I'm more curious if I can share details about my watch here in these forums to get help on setting an asking price for when I advertise it locally, if that doesn't break the spirit of the forum rules. :)

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 13, 2018

We're halfway there.

5. BenBagbag Feb 13, 2018

Did you try craigslist? ;)

6. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Feb 13, 2018

Why not post good pictures and get an accurate description of what you have.
    Title it "Can anyone help me determine what I have?"
    Then, peruse the sold listings on ebay and watch sites to get a sense of value.

Fortunately(for us), we are a collector's forum and not sales facilitators but we are always happy to help.

If it's a Ladies watch, prepare yourself.

7. r6girl Feb 14, 2018

Not yet. ;)

My intent here was to ask if I *could* post pics and such here. I didn't want to go ahead and do that as a new member and get banned for it. I'm a member of another forum where that would be verboten and I didn't want to be an asshole and break the rules on my first post. ;) But it seems like it won't be a big deal here, so here goes.

(It's not a ladies watch - I like larger watch faces so it's a mid-size 36.2mm Seamaster Aqua Terra).

Very ROUGH picks just for you guys of my 2504.30.00. I bought it new from a local authorized Omega dealer in 2007 and have the box and all original documents, links, plus purchase receipt. Suggestions on what my asking price for Craigslist should be are quite welcome! :)

IMG_0279.jpg IMG_0278.jpg IMG_0277.jpg
  8. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Feb 15, 2018

Ok, so you know exactly what you have!
    Check "sold" listings on ebay and you'll get your answers, I know diddly about these.
    Welcome to the forum! Hang around and we'll get that "not-so-smart" watch off of you, if we can.

r6girl likes this.
  9. ac106 Feb 15, 2018

Last 2 on ebay sold for around $1700

Minus fees, the sellers netted out $1500.

I was going to offer this over PM because my wife liked it, and I am in Boston also

but she changed her mind at the last minute.

maybe a medium sized Cartier Tank Solo quartz instead.

r6girl likes this.
  10. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Feb 15, 2018

Guys, this is the wrong forum to discuss these watches, we should move to Modern Omega Watches or Open Discussion.
    Good Luck!

11. albertob Feb 15, 2018

Welcome!

r6girl likes this.
  12. r6girl Feb 15, 2018

Changed her mind? Help her change it back! ;)

(Thanks for the info!)