Forums Latest Members
  1. sulaco Jun 23, 2013

... in the Forum i will be most vivid, i believe.

After strolling around in the watch world i finally found back to the brand that gave me the interest in watches. :)
    My first "luxury" watch was the Omega Speedmaster Professional 20th Anniversary, the one with the engraving on the
    side and the Ref 1450 bracelet and i still own it, many other did come and go but this one stayed.

My 2 recent purchases i´d like to show here, first is my 145.012 from May 1968 according to the extract of records,
    which is still waiting for a nice bracelet.
    According to the seller it was bought in a town nearby my home immediately after Apollo 11 Mission started, i will surely
    investigate that fact. :)

[​IMG]

The other one is my birthyear watch.. a 165.024... i had one before and always did regret that i sold it.
    I found it on ebay and thougth it was worth taking a shot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After a lot of cleaning and the luck that i had a fitting crystal in my drawers (unluckily a non Omega)
    it looks like this.

[​IMG]

By the way, does anyone know why there is a factory engraved number (4-3983) on the caseback (under the word Seamaster)
    I will post some pictures when the Speedy has its bracelet, because the SM300 is now fitted with a 1035 bracelet which looks pretty nice on it.

One of my favorites is my Ploprof i really love that beast and its heritage :) You can see it in my avatar, this picture is pretty old and
    i think you can find it all over the internet.
    This is a more recent picture.
    [​IMG]

Hope you enjoyed the Pics.

Wishing you a great day

Cheers

René

cozzani1978, demer03, TLIGuy and 2 others like this.
  2. sulaco Jun 24, 2013

Well, ignorance is Bliss... seems like i am not welcome here... so i keep on reading and stop writing... sorry fo bothering you!!!!!!

3. seamonster Respectable Member Jun 24, 2013

Respectable Member sulaco

Welcome aboard.

I do not think you are not welcome here. Chances are members will respond to your post, sooner or later.

I have always loved to own the SM 300 and I am trying to save some money, so that I will be able to get one, soon. As for your other watches, they are lovely but way beyond one like me. Your SM 300 is indeed very lovely, after you have managed to spruce it up.

Thank-you.

4. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Jun 24, 2013

And a belated welcome from myself. :thumbsup:

5. ulackfocus Jun 24, 2013

:rolleyes: Oh, puh-leez! Tell you what, we'll try our best to fall all over you on your next post with pictures, okay?

6. MyVintageOmega Jun 24, 2013

Welcome aboard....and good job on the SM300.

7. wwhntr Jun 24, 2013

Welcome and please keep the pictures coming! I'm an avid vintage Speedmaster collector too! Good luck in your search for the right bracelet for your 145.012.

Omega 2998-3 (2).jpg Omega 105.012 65 (2).jpg
  8. demer03 Jun 24, 2013

Hey Sulaco. Good to see you here. I know when I see your "name"....great watches are sure to appear. You didn't disappoint!

9. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Jun 24, 2013

Sulaco, welcome, kick back, enjoy ! This is a pub filled with extraordinary gentleman. We are of many cultures, so, if you have long toes (easily stepped on), we are sorry but you are taken for what you are. All introductions can be a little awkward, relax!
    We are glad to see what you have to contribute and invite you to share the knowledge and wonder exchanged here..

Central Scrutinizer and Trev like this.
  10. sulaco Jun 25, 2013

Hey Guys... at least i know now that the Forum is alive.;)
    Thanks for the reply
    demer03 nice to see you too
    ulackfocus we will see when i post the next pictures, but be sure i will remind you ;)
    UncleBuck, no harm done i was just wondering so i thought lets stirr things up a bit :)
    wwhntr nice watches but why is there no price on the price tags ?
    @Respectable Member seamonster thanks for the warm welcome
    MyVintageOmega thanks, it was the first time i took a watch apart to this extent, even had to change some parts from a spare movement.

11. ulackfocus Jun 25, 2013

I'll be looking for them. :thumbsup:

12. wwhntr Jun 25, 2013

Part of my collection...I use the tags to keep up with reference #, cal, serial number, and other details such as when they were serviced. Yes, I know I'm detailed (anal) but it's the only way I can keep up with a dozen Speedys:) Do this on all my watches for inventory purposes whether part of collection or ones I have for sale.

13. sulaco Jun 25, 2013

Good idea :thumbsup: i tried one of these collectors software but i really was too lazy to add the data :rolleyes:

14. wwhntr Jun 25, 2013

Wish I'd had one 20+ years ago...600 watches ago. I'd like to have something showing me what I've spent vs. what I've sold. Which program did you try and was it free? I might use it for my current collection and for sale inventory.

15. OttawaMan Jun 25, 2013

wahhhhhhh!!!! Puh-leeze.

16. OttawaMan Jun 25, 2013

While we're on the subject...tell me guys...those of you who know WAY more than I do about watches (that's not sarcasm)....what's the obsession with the proplof? Is it like owning a Pontiac Aztec? So ugly that it's now a cult favorite? I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but someone tell me what's special about that watch please. yeah yeah..Cousteau wore one...but why....that's what I don't understand. What's the specs? What's the heritage?

17. ulackfocus Jun 25, 2013

I keep handwritten records of each watch's case reference (and serial number if available), caliber number and it's serial, model name, and year of production. I'd like to make a dedicated file for it, maybe by brand. I do so much of that at work I really don't have the drive to do it for my hobby. It wouldn't be as fun.

18. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage Jun 25, 2013

Google is your friend. There is a lot of info out there about the PloProf. I think Cousteau had a little bit more to do with them than just wearing one

19. demer03 Jun 26, 2013

Ploprof is iconic. I only hope I can add one someday. Ugly? No. Very unique....IMHO.

20. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jun 26, 2013

+1. It is not beautiful. Connie grand luxe is beautiful. Ploprof is handsome...very masculine..... very unique......very special. It is top of the line in Omega diver line until now with 1200m depth rating. Of course Costeau has something to do with it, but without him it is still a very special watch in Omega line. While I found it too heavy to wear for my wrist, I still put it in my top 5 wish list now.