Forums Latest Members

Hello everyone, from the Pacific Northwest, USA!

1. mistexbs Feb 4, 2019

Hi there,

I'm Ben, aka mistexbs. I've been a watch accumulator for many years now, worked for / apprenticed with a master watchmaker (he was in the business since 1973, just retired), and just love horology in general.

There's just a few "nice" pieces in my messy pile of watches; when I get the time I'll try to post some cell-phone pix :) Can't promise any ETA tho!

I'm really looking forward to learning from all the many great contributions to these forums, and hopefully I will have something that I can contribute as well :)

See you around OF!

-Ben

Foo2rama likes this.
  2. valkyrie_rider Feb 4, 2019

Welcome aboard, greetings from the SF Bay Area!

mistexbs likes this.
  3. Canuck Feb 4, 2019

We went to NAWCC annual conventions in the PNW. Portland, Kent (Wash.), Seattle, Spokane, Clackamas, and Tacoma (Wash.). Many happy memories. Welcome from the frozen foothills of Alberta.

mistexbs likes this.
  4. seekingseaquest Feb 4, 2019

Where in the Pacific Northwest? A few of us get together in Seattle periodically.

Looking forward to seeing the pile of watches!

mistexbs likes this.
  5. chronoboy64 Feb 4, 2019

Welcome on OF, first you should create an Avatar with your cellphone just to have an "identity" here :thumbsup:

mistexbs likes this.
  6. Au79 Aluminium Feb 4, 2019

Welcome! Can't wait to see your spread.

mistexbs likes this.
  7. chanbar Feb 4, 2019

Welcome. If you are in the Seattle are, you need to make one of our GTG!

mistexbs likes this.
  8. rbob99 Feb 5, 2019

We have GTGs in Portland too.

mistexbs likes this.
  9. mistexbs Feb 10, 2019

Hey all, thanks for the warm welcome! :) I am not too far from Seattle, tho Portland is a bit of a drive. Still tho, if there's a big event happening, I would hope I could make it out there! :)

I'd like to add, I'm not much of a poster when it comes to forums... I guess I prefer to read and learn than to start typing (the old adage, You can't learn anything if you're the one talking ;) )

However you folks are so polite and willing to share knowledge here, that my willingness to speak up from time to time is now much more likely :) I'm really glad I happened upon this group of forums! :)

As to an avatar, I'll find some good lighting and take a pic of my EDC, X-33 gen 2 Mars Watch. I've come to appreciate HAQ's in my years of dabbling in watches, and my X-33 fits that bill. It's not thermally compensated, but on my wrist 24/7 (save for showering) it's keeping +1 sec / month compared to Atomic Time. Close enough for me!

Thank you again folks for the warm welcome, and I'll see you around OF!

PS: Maybe one day an X-33 Skywalker will grace my wrist, and unseat the X-33 Mars. But that's the only current-issue Omega that could do it! ;)

nttisch23 likes this.
  10. athom Feb 13, 2019

Welcome, I like USA !

11. mancio Feb 13, 2019

Welcome for SF:)

12. billythekid Feb 13, 2019

I WISH. from the uk

13. hmss007 Feb 13, 2019

Welcome from another Seattle/Everett enthusiast.