Forums Latest Members
  1. mbeast Apr 24, 2013

Hello

Have been lurking on the forum for some time but have finally decided to sign up. Have spotted a very nice looking (to me) Constellation De Luxe for sale on the bay.

Before I decide to bid or not, I'd appreciate the opinions of those with more knowledge than myself of these things. To me the watch looks honest and original but I know how fishy things can be in the world of vintage Omegas and this is a fairly pricey piece.

Does the watch check out to you in terms of originality, condition etc., and what sort of price do you think it might reach? It's hard to find many other examples to compare to.

The watch in question is http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121095739308?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

All opinions welcome!

Regards

2. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Apr 24, 2013

Case is way too polished. You want something like this which has sharper edges:

[​IMG]

mbeast likes this.
  3. ozmega Apr 24, 2013

Yes, sadly it has been molested.

Terrible shame as the dial is nice with a modest patina, probably a bit too much spotting.

I could cop the dial but not the case.

4. mbeast Apr 25, 2013

Many thanks for the advice; it is much appreciated.

Will give this one a miss and continue the hunt. The one you have posted a photo of looks like a gem. Let me know if it becomes available ;)