Forums Latest Members
  1. ext1 Jun 6, 2018

Hello all,

I figured I should introduce myself and shake my fear of doing so. I really do consider OF like a sanctuary, and I learned a lot by reading things here. I was not sure if I can be knowledgeable enough to contribute over here- if I was worthy enough of participation or not. But I figured I should try to start somewhere and pitch in where I can. Hence the late introduction. I hope I can be helpful in some way here.

I've been into vintage speedys since around two years ago, and it's amazing how much interest in vintage speedys have surged since the short time I've been into this.

I was hooked into the vintage aesthetic by first noticing the script difference in the broadarrow reissue (3594) dial. The 3594 was my first speedy. That put me deep into research.

Along the way I picked up a 3572.50 that I modded and also an assembled 145.012 off a 321 Seamaster. The assembled 145.012 helped me see how different the 321 was different from 1/861. I had these three until I was convinced by a fellow watch friend I should just sell them and try to go for a legit speedy. So I sold them all and landed on one 2998-5.

So now my only set is the 2998-5, an assmebled SM300 no date, and a DSOTM. That's the story thus far.

I know I still have a long way to go but I hope I can be allowed to participate in this amazing community.

Very respectfully,
    Jupiter

PS. that's my English name. Odd/funny/disgusting, I know. Greetings from Korea/Abu Dhabi!

Foo2rama and murph like this.
  2. ANALOGUE Jun 6, 2018

Welcome!
    Please show us some pics of your beauties! :)

3. mr_yossarian Jun 6, 2018

Welcome. Let us see the 2998!

4. ext1 Jun 6, 2018

Here they are:
    DSC_0208.JPG
    I'm sure the experts here will recognize who/where I got that 2998-5 from!
    DSC_0670.JPG
    DSC_0623.JPG
    Gemini mod. I haven't seen any example of what I did on the net so I think this can be quite helpful. I really liked this mod but alas it had to go...

DSC_0840.JPG
    Mitsu mod...the texture on the dial is quite nice. But it had to go as well. :p

kkt, Seacow, shishy and 3 others like this.
  5. NDT III Jul 4, 2018

Oh, I know who/where you got that 2998-5 from.
    And I’m not even an expert (but I am envious). Congrats!