Forums Latest Members
  1. sav200 Jan 12, 2018

I've been a collector for a few years, mainly vintage Rolex, Breitling and one or 2 Omegas, including a speedmaster 1620 that was purchased via this forum recently. I've been searching for a 38m case 1950s era Omega, so following my success with the previous hunt, thought i'd ask on here if anyone has one / knows of one for sale. There all always a few on various sites, but i've no idea if they are all-original or not, particularly the dials. Given the relatively low price bracket does that even matter? Any thoughts much appreciated.

2. westmtn Jan 12, 2018

Welcome! Spend some time on here researching previous threads and you’ll pick up the skills pretty quick to spot a fake dial. There are few hard rules for this era so it’s best to study the fonts/logos and go from there. Original Omega printing should be crisp! Cardinal markers should be bolded on the subdial.The watch you’re probably looking for is a reference 2505. These came with a few different 30mm manual wind movements (30T2, 265, 266, maybe 267). There are other references but that’s the most common at 38mm in that era. If you find a questionable watch post it up.

Here’s a pristine original for example.

https://vintagecaliber.com/collections/all/products/1951-omega-ref-2505-jumbo-cal-265

murph likes this.
  3. sav200 Jan 13, 2018