Forums Latest Members

Heading to Hong Kong / Singapore - Any Watch Recommendations?

1. Muttley Apr 19, 2018

I'm off to Singapore and Hong Kong in a month or so, and am wondering if members' have any recommendations for watch stores that would be worth checking out?
    I know Singapore will probably be a bust, as the prices are high, but it will be fun to look.
    I've heard good things can still be found in HK, but I'm VERY hesitant to look at anything vintage because I'm a total noob with vintage and probably couldn't spot things like a good redial, or wrong hands, markers, movement etc, so will probably stick with modern, unless anyone has recommendations for a good vintage store?
    Not looking for any particular brand or model, just going in with an open mind and hoping to have some fun in the process.
    Cheers.

2. sdre Apr 19, 2018

I'm in Singapore. Depends on what are you looking for? Vintage Rolex in Singapore, the good ones are with collectors. Shops u will find mostly trash/relume Frankens.

It's safer to look for modern Rolex however they are crazy over priced now.

My 2 cents.

3. Bumper Apr 19, 2018

When are you in Singapore? There are a few places worth going to look but it's just too expensive here. There's a dealer with over 80 Enicars on display, none for sale though..

4. khmt2 Apr 20, 2018

Who's that dealer?

For vintage in Singapore, I would recommend to pop by Heirloom Gallery for a look around. They have a wonderful spread. Prices aren't cheap but at times, the quality is worth it.

5. Muttley Apr 21, 2018

Will be in Singapore early June. Had resigned myself to just stargazing at the watch shop windows like the usual tourist, with perhaps a better chance of finding something in Hong Kong.
    As much as I'd love to pick up a vintage Omega (like the Cal751 Constellation I missed out on several years ago) I think the risk outweighs the potential benefit. I just don't know enough to spot the wrong 'uns.

6. sdre Apr 22, 2018

Asiatimepiece? Please avoid that shop like the plague.

Bumper likes this.
  7. Chye Apr 22, 2018

Singapore - Heirloom Gallery. Opens Tues-Sat, probably safe to visit around 2-6pm. Varied selection, including some nice vintage Omegas. Last time I was there, I saw a 861 speedy, a Ploprof, a nice pie pan arrowhead gold Constellation with original gold bracelet.

Hong Kong - https://horologium.com.au/2011/01/14/pre-owned-watch-shops-hong-kong/
    Plenty to consider from the above. Set aside an afternoon to gallivant along Tsim Sha Tsui, Nathan Road - there are a fair number of dealers along that road. Do visit Union Watches - 18E, G/F, Champagne Court, 18 Kimberley Road, Tsim Sha Tsui , Kowloon if only just to gawk at their their selection of watches. The basement of Holiday Inn has a few shops too.
    On the Hong Kong island side, visit VintageConcept if you are into vintage rollies. 10-15mins slow walk from there is Berne Horology at G/F, 180 Queen’s Rd, Central and they always have a nice selection of vintage watches.

Have FUN!

ekel likes this.
  8. Bumper Apr 22, 2018

jerryct and sdre like this.
  9. Bumper Apr 23, 2018

Anyone up for a GTG?

sdre likes this.
  10. sdre Apr 23, 2018

@jerryct and I meet up quite abit.

PM me? We can do a gathering :)

jerryct and ekel like this.
  11. Xeer Apr 23, 2018

12. ClarendonVintage Apr 23, 2018

Singapore is a great place for vintage watches. You will find a lot of old Seikos, Citizens, Enicar, Titoni, Pagol and the occasional Omegas.

13. jerryct Apr 24, 2018

Hit us up!