Forums Latest Members

Heading down tothe DC Audio Show today

1. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 1, 2018

Hello everyone

Anyone in the DC/ Metro area and maybe want to get to gether ? I will be working at the DC audio show ( Rockville) this weekend.....

anyone want to meet up ?

@bigsom , @shishy

Anyone else?

best

bill

2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Nov 1, 2018

I am really, really trying to work my schedule tomorrow so I can head up there for a few hours. This weekend is out for me, so it is tomorrow or nothing.

Where will you be?

3. bigsom Nov 1, 2018

Hi Bill! Man, wish I could meet up but I'm on baby duty this weekend. Hope you have a nice time in the area and catch you next time you're here!

4. Mmike1357 Nov 1, 2018

I may be around.

Edited Nov 1, 2018
  5. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Nov 2, 2018

I made it to the show for a few hours this afternoon. I hung out and monopolized Bill's time for a good chunk of the afternoon. It was nice to meet another forum member face-to-face, especially one with such an interesting background. The Ohm 'room' he was working at was a refreshing change from the typical hotel rooms many manufacturers/ vendors were using. Much more casual, and a bit less uptight. Those guys are having fun and enjoying what they are doing.

For other who make it to the show, also visit Deja Vu at Room 501. The owner, Vu, started off with a small shop in McLean over 20 years ago, and now has some phenomenal house-built systems. Vu has a love of tubes and vintage equipment, and the 'big' system he has in one of the rooms is an amazing display of some very, very cool gear (think speakers built from vintage compression drivers, etc.).

shishy and Larry S like this.
  6. shishy www.hpmor.com Nov 3, 2018

Going to try to be there :)

Shot you a text

7. shishy www.hpmor.com Nov 4, 2018

That was a ton of fun :) Always good to meet other people from here.

The show was also excellent and the company Bill was working with, Ohm, had a phenomenal product. I think we listened to music on those for 4 or 5 hours.

And I brought my dad the following day so he could listen to their speakers/home theater set up and he loved it. Hope it's OK to post this -- check them out, they're at: https://ohmspeaker.com/

8. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 4, 2018

Hi @shishy @BlackTalon

Its totally ok to post Ohms site....

We are having a good show.. thanks for coming down....

Best

Bill

shishy and BlackTalon like this.