Forums Latest Members

Hawaiian vacation with the Tudor Black Bay

1. rafaaquarius21 Jul 14, 2017

Visited the green sandy beach of Hawaii, Papakolea Beach. One of only 4 green sandy beaches in the world. IMG_5887.JPG IMG_5897.JPG IMG_5884.JPG

Omega1, Wryfox, R3D9 and 8 others like this.
  2. SouthernScot Jul 14, 2017

3. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Jul 14, 2017

Jwit likes this.
  4. Ssunnylee24 Jul 14, 2017

I'm planning on visiting Hawaii(Honolulu) for the first time next month and I will be wearing my Tudor as well. Any recommandations on where to go eat and see?

duc likes this.
  5. sgrossma Jul 14, 2017

Love the black bay red, especially great as a vacation watch - seems like values on these have been steadily rising... Was taking a look on the forums recently and you don't see really cheap ones that often anymore. I've taken many vacations with my black bay. Nice pics!

6. ibracadabra Jul 14, 2017

Beautiful watch! Would love to visit Hawaii one day.

7. sgrossma Jul 14, 2017

A few years old, but the Black Bay in Vail, CO

download.png
    Omega1 and Just Livin like this.
  8. duc Jul 14, 2017

Take a slow drive around the island from Honolulu east. Make sure to go by Haleiwa for some Matsumoto's shave ice. If you do the slow tour around the island it will take most of the day. You'll hit all the surf spots on the north shore. Before you go, get a map that indicates where they are because there aren't many good signs. Parking up there is a bitch. Whatever you do, don't leave anything valuable in the car when you park on the N shore. Leave your windows open. Jamesons in Haleiwa is a good lunch spot.

I lived in Kaliua for 10 years, so I'm partial to Lanikai beach for hanging out and Kailua for running. The last time I visited, things had changed a lot. Tour buses now go to those locations so the crowds are unsat in my opinion. Lucky for me, some good friends live in Lanikai so it's easy to get around to the key spots in town there. Buzz's is a great dinner spot in Kailua. Prepare to have a drink or two while you wait.

For a true tourist experience, try to get into Duke's on Waikiki for lunch. Kapiolani Park and Diamond Head are close so you can make an afternoon of it there. If you are a runner, running around Diamond head is a workout. Start and finish at Kapiolani Park follow the road up and around (it's about 6 miles).

SKX wishing it was at the beach in Lanikai (recycled photo, but appropriate):
    HI SKX.jpg

rafaaquarius21 and Ssunnylee24 like this.
  9. jaguar11 Jul 14, 2017

Nice watch in a great location!!!

10. Wryfox Jul 15, 2017

Very cool! That beach is a pip to get to. I collect sand from around the world, I don't have that one because the wife wanted to take a bus tour of the island instead of renting a car. I believe its green from the olivine in the rocks nearby.

11. Ssunnylee24 Jul 16, 2017

Amazing.
    Thank you for your time giving me a day or two tour of the Hawaii!
    Thanks again!

duc likes this.