Forums Latest Members
  1. semper_shells Nov 14, 2017

Just recently got back on my business trip to Hawaii. I was on the island of O'ahu and stayed in Waikiki. I wasn't able to venture off the grid too far, but I went into the local OB and saw some pretty cool stuff. I also popped into a few other watch shops to see what they had to offer. I'll post a few of the watch pics I took first following by some Hawaii photos.

First, a cool little Z33. Never seen one in the flesh. Such a neat watch loaded full of tech.
    20171028_174334.jpg

A grail of mine. Such a simple watch that is perfect in gold.
    20171028_184838.jpg

Threw a new strap on my Black Bay. Completely changes the watch.
    20171110_090817.jpg

Saw this beauty and wished I had the funds. (happens often)
    20171027_144126.jpg

2. sdre Nov 14, 2017

Been following you on IG. Family looks like they are having fun too!

semper_shells and Jwit like this.
  3. semper_shells Nov 14, 2017

yes, they had a blast. I worked most of the time but they definitely vacationed.

4. Ssunnylee24 Nov 14, 2017

Tudor looks good but that gold daydate tho...

semper_shells likes this.
  5. nurseford25 Nov 14, 2017

Awesome. I was just there in August. I love that omega boutique in Waikiki, two full storyes of Omega, what’s not to love. I didn’t buy any watches from there just a rubber strap for my PO. Looks like you had a nice time.

My brother put a similar leather strap on his black bay and it really did change the look of his watch. Yours looks pretty nice too.

semper_shells likes this.
  6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 15, 2017

[​IMG]

When I mentioned to the staff there that I was a watchmaker, they got a little excited and told me they were looking for one, so I should apply. If I was ever going to go to the dark side and work directly for a brand, there are worse places in the world to be located, that's for sure. Mind you I like the Big Island much more than Oahu...

7. Honza Nov 15, 2017

8. semper_shells Nov 15, 2017

I stayed right across the street at the Holiday in Beachcomber. Such a great place. Next time I go I plan on island hopping.

9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 15, 2017

Not sure - will likely be on our next trip to Australia. I've been to Hawaii many times in transit, but the trip that photo as taken on is the first one where I actually went to Hawaii just to go to Hawaii. On those previous trips it was just an overnight stay, or there was one that lasted 6 hours due to aircraft engine problems - slept in the terminal that was completely shut down in the middle of the night - that was fun. Going back to the 80's we didn't even clear US customs in Honolulu, so were locked in a room for a couple of hours while they refueled the plane, and brought more food and new crew on board.

I think the plan will be to stay for some time either on the way to Oz or on the way back. Will certainly keep tennis in mind!

Cheers, Al

IDXM and semper_shells like this.