Forums Latest Members
  1. rogart ray it again, Ram. May 26, 2015

I having a Omega 145.014 at the watchmaker . But he is having a lot of trouble with the crystal . He has broken 4 crystals up until now . They keep braking in the slot where the o-ring sits. He has had the problem before he says . Keep braking 1 in 10 crystals . He use a ordinary crystal press . Probably an expensive one . He figured it was like that . But when he talked to the Omega people they said you need a special tool for that job . He send the watch to Omega to replace my crystal . Does anyone now how the tool looks ? Expensive ? .

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 26, 2015

Been discussed before at some length...

[​IMG]

At least he didn't just glue it in...

rogart likes this.
  3. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months May 26, 2015

I heard (from Shane Ede, watchmaker in Toronto) that the crystals seem to have become a little lesser quality than they used to be... he said they break more commonly now than they used. I can't substantiate that myself, but he mentioned it not long ago while he was adjusting my Mark II.

4. rogart ray it again, Ram. May 26, 2015

Is the tool available for an omega watchmaker?

5. rogart ray it again, Ram. May 26, 2015

He said so to ? He also said the Omega service book or what you call it .Didn't say anything about the tool.

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 26, 2015

It's mineral glass (i.e. just glass) so not sure what specific quality of the glass would have changed to make them not as good now...

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 26, 2015

Some are, but others are discontinued - I can't recall which ones are still available off the top of my head. If he has an Omega account, he can look them up on the Extranet I'm sure.

You can also look on eBay for them, or find the other threads here and make your own as others have done.

rogart likes this.
  8. rogart ray it again, Ram. May 26, 2015

Thanks Archer
    Will show him the picture and look for the other threads for dimensions to build my own tool . I don't exactly remember what he said but he is allowed to do repairs and so on in the future . Class 3 or something ?