Forums Latest Members

Have you seen this Delbana before?

1. blubarb Oct 17, 2015

I am trying to find a bit about this Delbana. It looks like radium and shines for a sec. under UV. Can someone provide any info about it? Google hasn't been my friend with this one. That red arrow tip makes me think military. Cheers.

IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

2. Canuck Oct 17, 2015

Mikrolisk indicates 5 companies that used the Delbana name. None of them are household names. 4 Swiss companies, and one in New York. The movement looks pretty much garden variety, and not made by a company of that name. Not much to distinguish this one it appears to me.

citizenrich and blubarb like this.
  3. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Oct 20, 2015

I think Delbana was what would be referred to as a "fashion watch". I've got one which is a "NOS" chrono with a black dial which I picked up a few years ago from a German watch collector. He sold it to me for like 200 USD (as an add-on to a Rolex which I purchased from him).

I figured I was already paying like 55 USD for insured shipping so why not? After I received it, the 2nd or 3rd time I wound it, the mainspring exploded...lol

I'm not sure what's under the hood but I'll bet dollars for donuts it's a Landeron 14X.

She sat around for like 70 years and these things happen to 70 y/o metal. I'll go snap a photo of the watch right now (I've been trying to do some inventory and completely forgot I had it). I don't think she's worth much but I know it's probably worth more than 200 for no good reason other than it's old and NOS and most importantly: she's glossy black.

I'll do a C.O.A. + plus install a new "unbreakable" mainspring. I generally never sell watches but I might shake hands with this one...

*edit - I stand corrected - it's not NOS as the lume has dried up, fallen off the hands and was cleaned out. Looks like the same thing happened to one of the hands on your watch.

My watchmaker is pretty good at re-luming hands so I'll let him have a go at it.

My best guess is a noob will be willing to pay 500 - 800 for a black dialed chrono in pretty mint condition. Perhaps even a grand? Black dials are always sought after (one of the universal truths about watch collecting!).

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Edited Oct 20, 2015