Forums Latest Members
  1. befobe Dec 5, 2019

Hello OF,
    Was wondering that because I found old threads with pics of awfull fakes... And in parallel, I read a book about "wonderful" Rolex fakes ("real and fake watches", Watchprint)... almost impossible to detect, unless to be a pretty good Rolex expert... ::screwloose::
    So, I was wondering if anyone of you has ever seen a "real nice" copy of a speedy, caliber included...
    I would be curious to see that...
    Of course, if you have pics... ;)

2. Ville_W Dec 5, 2019

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Dec 5, 2019

There is no such thing a a nice fake.

Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 9.42.03 AM.png

Seaborg, Swissgmt1675, DLT222 and 6 others like this.
  4. Canuck Dec 5, 2019

:whipped:

DaveK and connieseamaster like this.
  5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 5, 2019

They are out there...

6. borre Dec 5, 2019

This is the Omega Forum, not to be confused with the Nice Fake Omega Forum :eek:

McKinley and Samir like this.
  7. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Dec 5, 2019

Are you sure this isn't just a very good replica of the Omega Forum? Have you noticed how little it cost to join? ;)

Seaborg, mozartman, OMEGuy and 3 others like this.
  8. Screwbacks Dec 5, 2019

Why do you ask that question on fake watches in this forum? It's not even worth a single thought. Indirectly, your post will promote and give feedback, whatever it is, in this forum.

9. wagudc Dec 5, 2019

Let me reword the OP's question.

'"Are there any Speedmaster fakes out there that someone who is not a complete newbie could fall for? It is really important for me to know because I want to steer clear of them, and certainly don't want to give any money to a ::censored:: counterfeiter."

10. Walrus Dec 5, 2019

Ya and it’s a logical question I often check out the fakes section of the authenticity checking threads. It’s important to know. I started a thread a while ago about the super fakes but most of the info on them seemed to focus on Rolex although omegas are also made at that level. I wish all the fakes stayed at the canal street level but where there is money to be made anything will be faked.

wagudc likes this.
  11. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Dec 5, 2019

It would be easy to draw a very short line from people who make fake watches, to drug dealers to human traffickers - its all the same dark underbelly. There are no nice fakes.

OMEGuy and Samir like this.
  12. larryganz The cable guy Dec 6, 2019

IBTL

Ooooh, my 2400th post!

loniscup and Wivac like this.
  13. joe band Dec 6, 2019

"This is an exact replica of the rare golf edition Omega Seamaster. I bought it a while ago and am now looking to sell it. Automatic movement. Price is negotiable."

our craigslist has new "replica" watches every week... i can only flag them so fast.

14. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Dec 6, 2019

And your 6,318th like.

:D

larryganz likes this.
  15. befobe Dec 6, 2019

Sorry... I'm a beginner, you're right, but nothing to sell... so I don't look for 200 posts... It's just... curiosity... How to prevent from buying such perfect fakes, that's my fear.
    But ok, that's not the place, I understand, after seeing these post avalanche during my night... !
    Let's close!

mozartman and murph like this.
  16. Screwbacks Dec 6, 2019

You may have good intention of asking for guidance from OF on how to spot intricate marks or design of a fake watch, or speedmasters at that. Be reminded that production of or replication of originals is now quite sophisticated with technology readily available that you can hardly distinguish. The part of your question which may not sit well to some members is for them to post pictures of their fake watches here. It therefore presumed that many of us here bought, keep or own fake watches. Personally, I don't have one. So, stay away from even attempting to buy one.

OMEGuy likes this.
  17. OMEGuy Dec 6, 2019

I don't think the core of your initial question was wrong, it was the way you posted it.

I don't know any "NICE" fake watches, regardless of the brand. They're all garbage.

YY77 likes this.
  18. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Dec 6, 2019

A nice Fake!:eek:

If my Granny drops a sausage down her pants... does that make her my Grandpa?:mad:

19. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 6, 2019

Family interactions seem very different in the UK compared to what I'm used to...;)

mac_omega, joe band, DaveK and 2 others like this.
  20. Edward53 Dec 6, 2019

That was also how I read the question. If you look past the word "nice", I thought it seemed reasonable enough.

wagudc likes this.