Forums Latest Members
  1. Sublime_1 Jun 14, 2018

Cool website ran by a guy out of Australia that allows you to enter your email address and see if it has been associated with any data breaches. https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Just thought I would share.

Cheers everyone!

2. Dan S Jun 14, 2018

And 100% of the people who click on that link will have their data breached. ;)

kov, SpeedyPhill, FREDMAYCOIN and 9 others like this.
  3. TDBK Jun 14, 2018

While that's probably true, because everyone online has had their data breached, haveibeenpwned.com is a reputable site operated by a good guy in the information security industry, Troy Hunt, https://www.troyhunt.com/

4. Dan S Jun 14, 2018

Ohhhhh, ok. Good to know. A reputable good guy. Thanks for clearing that up.

5. Sublime_1 Jun 15, 2018

If everyone was cynical like this my job would be way easier.

6. thatonewatchdude Jun 15, 2018

so is it cynical to walk away from a van that says free candy inside? because that's what this post seems like aka clickbait

7. bgrisso Jun 15, 2018

Demotivate-Chances.jpg
    Baz9614, Archer, ulackfocus and 3 others like this.
  8. thatonewatchdude Jun 15, 2018

You give a compelling argument.... I need to check with the family if they have been pwned and look into some pwntection plans for them

9. Sublime_1 Jun 15, 2018

Use it or don't, what do I care? But don't say things that encourage others not to use viable tools when a simple google search would clear up any concerns you may have. My comment was not sarcastic in nature but truthful, I deal with cyber threats on a daily basis and wish people would be more cautious and with that in mind I'm just sharing knowledge.

You do bring up an interesting query , I wonder how many people did just click it without doing any research?

Edited Jun 15, 2018
    akshayluc420 and TDBK like this.
  10. Sublime_1 Jun 15, 2018

If you run your emails thru the tools and it comes back with hits, change all your passwords and make them different.

TDBK likes this.
  11. Dan S Jun 15, 2018

Ohhhh. You are an expert and a good guy. Thanks so much for helping us unsophisticated innocents. We'd be helpless without you.

You bring up a good point too! We shouldn't just blindly click on links. Unless they come from you, @Sublime_1, with 70 posts.

Edited Jun 15, 2018
    ulackfocus likes this.
  12. TDBK Jun 15, 2018

Clearly, it's only appropriate to take information security advice from people who post about watches a lot. Thanks for your vigilance.

13. Dan S Jun 15, 2018

Troll response if I've ever read one.

14. Sublime_1 Jun 15, 2018

Why so mad Dan? Because I provided a verifiable and helpful tool it must be a personal attack? Again, use it or don't I could care less.

15. Steve Essex Jun 16, 2018

Ah but perhaps if everyone was cynical, you wouldn’t have a job so be thankful there’s plenty of trusting fools out there!. ;)

ulackfocus and TDBK like this.
  16. Dan S Jun 16, 2018

Angry? No. That's also a standard troll tactic to discredit me.

I think you understand the point I'm making perfectly well, since you and your shill @TBDK are probably doing this same thing on various forums all over the internet. A real security expert wouldn't recommend that people use a "tool" they were blindly pointed to by an anonymous person with no credibility.

17. Sublime_1 Jun 16, 2018

Verifiable, helpful and valid. You can go away.

18. Dan S Jun 16, 2018

OK, going away now ...

19. TDBK Jun 16, 2018

Hah, instead of blathering with your conspiracy theories, maybe try doing 15 seconds of research on your own? Here, I've done the Googling for you.
    Wikipedia
    Motherboard (Vice)
    NY Magazine
    The Washington Post
    Chicago Tribune
    Engadget
    Ars Technica
    Ohio State University
    Google (Slide 29)
    Daily Mail Online
    Quartz
    Fortune
    TechCrunch
    Digital Trends
    Epic Games

Or who knows, maybe we're in cahoots with all of them as a part of some nefarious plan. And sure, I'm sure you'll reply "But how was I to know?", but here's the thing, part of being a good member of an online community is, to take the higher road and give people some credit and do 15 seconds of research on a topic before you take the path of accusing them of trying to scam you. (A topic which it's now obvious to all here that you know absolutely nothing about, since you chose to shout out your concern about one of the best-known sites out there.)

If you're still unsure, I'm happy to get another 15 links, but it's a beautiful day here in Brooklyn (or perhaps it's 10 pm in my North Korean subterranean scam lair -- how can you be sure?)

akshayluc420, jetkins and ConElPueblo like this.
  20. ulackfocus Jun 16, 2018

@Sublime_1 - do we know you? (that's rhetorical)

You're saying your business is cyber security, yet you tell a bunch of strangers on the internet to blindly click on a link. Think about that. :confused: ::facepalm2::

If you need a little help, this drives the point I'm making home:

Hahaha! :p Nicely played. :thumbsup: