Forums Latest Members
  1. kingkiwi Sep 29, 2013

Hi,

I'm new to this Omega Forum & would really value the help of people here far more knowledgeable than I am.
    I recently bought a watch via eBay as detailed by photos & info in this link:
    (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-1...5tlIKgssgt0%2BE7VHZXg%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=ncPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network)

And when I started doing some research regarding when it was made & how best to look after my new purchase I became a bit concern as to the watches authenticity.

I would really appreciate anyone’s help on this.

1. Is this watch a genuine Omega watch or is it a fake.

2. If it is a genuine Omega watch can anyone tell me anything about it, plus how best to look after it etc.

I look forward to hearing from anyone at some stage soon.

Kind Regards

maddesa likes this.
  2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 29, 2013

Well, it not fake, it is a genuine Omega.

However its not in the best of condition with a refinished dial and appears to be put together from a bunch or random parts which didn't leave the Omega factory together.

If you can get a refund do it.

3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 29, 2013

What you bought is what we could call a horrible Frankenstein watch, That is a watch made of all different pieces that were never meant to be together. In this case I would call it "fake" in that it so mismatched and hacked up. I would suggest you get your money back and run the other way. :thumbsdown:

4. wwhntr Sep 29, 2013

This item is a mix of different genuine Omega watches. The seller mentioned that the case back was replaced, but failed to disclose it is not the back that would have come with that case. If you have paid for the watch, return it as soon as possible! You should be able to find something much better than this at that price!

5. kingkiwi Sep 30, 2013

Hi Everyone,
    Thanks so much for your help, advice & expert knowledge.

Much appreciated.

SpikiSpikester likes this.