I am new to this hobby and have been looking for a nice clean Pie Pan , I almost purchased this watch which looked great in pictures. Have you ever seen such a bad fake dial ? How much does this reduce the value of the watch if all else is OK ?
I am new to this hobby and have been looking for a nice clean Pie Pan , I almost purchased this watch which looked great in pictures. Have you ever seen such a bad fake dial ? How much does this reduce the value of the watch if all else is OK ?
Worth noting that it is not a fake dial, only a bad repaint 😀
No parts of this watch is attractive to me - wouldn't like to look at the dial, the case is too soft to use as a spare, crown is worn... I would only buy this for the movement which may even be shot. Others would no doubt love wearing it and that is just fine.
Yeah that’s relatively well done. I mean you see some that look like a sharpie were used. What I’m getting curious about is how the redial on some of the vintage Seikos I’ve seen are done. For instance that 70’s GS I had that turned out to be bogus. I returned it no harm done other than annoyance but they even got the small letter and number codes on the dial right and you need a loop to see those. Is that done by hand? Perhaps it’s a song better left unsung but some of those types of redials are scary good. Fortunately they messed up and used one wrong letter but it certainly was not the quality of the script that gave it away. Shoot you can see the same thing on chrono now. There is a big difference with someone trying to restore a dial years ago on a watch they loved that eventually makes it into the market place and the outright tomfoolery going on.