Forums Latest Members

Have decided (almost) and now I don´t want to wait!

1. Helena Oct 9, 2018

Dear Omega friends,
    I think I'm losing it.
    If you saw my post from 2 days ago, you know I'm closing in on buying my second Omega.
    I have narrowed it down to a Speedmaster 38.
    I have read that many of you guys don't like the oval shape of the seconds, minutes and hour-windows, but I'm a small woman and since I want a Speedmaster - and a new one, I don't have many options. My old Seamaster has a black dial, so I don´t want that. (before you say that the black comes with round instead of oval...) And anyway - I think the 38 mm is beautiful!!:) All the versions.

So, I thought I had decided on the white dial, grey bezel, sedna hands and have contacted a few dealers about that. https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/...-38-co-axial-chronograph-38-mm-32430385002001
    But they don't have it in stock! I want a new Omega now! Or at least before thursday next week, when I have a big function to go to.
    I also love the light blue version.
    https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/...-38-co-axial-chronograph-38-mm-32430385003001
    Actually I had decided on the blue first, before I saw the white/grey/sedna, and the blue is in stock with a couple of dealers and I have mailed them.
    So am I basically deciding which one to buy based on getting it quickly? How sick is that, when buying something in this price range...?
    I wonder if any of you out there have experienced the same feelings, I can't really talk to my irl friends about this. They would have me committed.

2. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Oct 9, 2018

We are all sick puppies ...That's why we are here. As soon as the watch is unwrapped and strapped, its on to the next acquisition. That is until sanity is regained, bankruptcy or the spouse yanks on the leash. :D::facepalm1::

Icnbne, rominvicta, Snowman and 6 others like this.
  3. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Oct 9, 2018

Just me, but I like the blue dial over the white. But you can't go wrong with either.

Helena likes this.
  4. L Tigre Oct 9, 2018

When dealing with my kids I discourage this kind of "I want it now!" thinking.
    But when purchasing a watch, I never take my own advice.... that is exactly how I think. It can't be helped....
    Both options look equally great to me. I say buy the one you can get your hands on the quickest!

Helena likes this.
  5. Helena Oct 9, 2018

Thanks guys! Now I know I'm not alone in my misery :)
    I will let you know how it goes...

6. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Oct 9, 2018

One thing watchcollecting teaches (apart from how to blow a wad of cabbage) : Patience!

It will be worth the wait :thumbsup:

B6D5D188-45B1-427C-8EA3-695E73F44F22.jpeg

D.D. likes this.
  7. Helena Oct 9, 2018

Oh yes! The grey is beautiful too!
    SO difficult to decide... :)

8. Mark D. Stroyer Oct 9, 2018

I think both of those are very lovely options. If your first choice is out of stock, the question is really if it’s out of stock just for now or if it’s one of those stupid “will take six months for new stock” things. But I’m not one to judge, I’ve been known to hyperfocus and overanalyze and obsess about minor differences.

If it’s any consolation, whatever is ‘closest’ and sitting right there is how people buy cars.

9. Helena Oct 9, 2018

Thanks! I like them both equally as much I think.
    No, the dealers aren´t really out of stock, they just don´t have it in the store. Will take two - three weeks to get the white/grey/Sedna. I want it quicker! The blue ships faster :)
    That´s how ridiculously impatient I am...

10. Slowpoker Oct 9, 2018

Did you check the forums or anywhere other than dealerships? Chrono24 or some other grey market dealer/private seller may have the white dial watch new, but in stock and maybe at a lower price?

Just a thought.

11. Helena Oct 9, 2018

Thanks! I think I have checked pretty much everywhere (I would want to buy from) Chrono24 is where its going to come from (one of the dealers there)
    On a different note - I was in Hong Kong the day before yesterday and of course spent time trying on watches:) The new Aqua Terra with waves "engraved" in the dial is BEAUTIFUL! Haven´t seen that anywhere on Chrono24 yet.
    How long does it usually take before the new models appear there?

12. Slowpoker Oct 9, 2018

I believe it takes a few weeks, that's a rough estimate as it honestly depends on the watch and how in demand it is.

Someone I think is selling one of those new seamasters on this forum, not totally sure who but I remember seeing a thread for it.

I like the blue model, it's a good watch but I'm not a fan of the Gray seamaster. It just looks strange to me.

13. Helena Oct 9, 2018

Foo2rama, L Tigre and D.D. like this.
  14. Helena Oct 11, 2018

It has arrived!
    40 hours after I placed the order. Excellent service from Chronotek Uhrenhandels in Vienna.
    I am happy!

IMG_5604.JPG

Omegafanman, Porker, 89-0 and 12 others like this.
  15. rob#1 Oct 11, 2018

Tis beautiful, congratulations, and enjoy it. The blue really pops

Helena likes this.
  16. Slowpoker Oct 11, 2018

Wow, stunning watch and I agree the blue really pops!

Wear it well!

Helena likes this.
  17. MrJKLFoams Oct 11, 2018

Same thing here got the fund to purchase the gmt master 2 batman but end up getting the omega moonphase blue dial due to wait list with rolex and Il never know when to get what I want unless I pay market price which is ridiculous! Since everyone wanted the hottest rolex I decided to get moonphase first with good discount and easy to get. Im not sure If that is such a passive buying but I luv the watch nothing beats the feeling of wearing a new watch on wrist! Addiction! We’re all addict! Lol. Look as long as you’re happy go for it. Blue for me!!

Helena likes this.
  18. stevec14 Oct 11, 2018

That is lovely. Congratulations and enjoy wearing it

Helena likes this.
  19. peripatus Oct 11, 2018

Great watch! Omega has achieved an open and uncluttered appearance for this watch that belies it's 38mm size. Distinctive narrowish bezel no doubt helps and the size of the sub-dials still allows for full length markers at 10/2 and 4/8 along with "dots" at 3 and 9.

Clean design!

Helena likes this.
  20. superfly Oct 11, 2018

FWIW, I prefer the blue. But get what YOU really want long term. The upcoming function shouldn't be a factor in my opinion. Good luck, and enjoy whichever one you get!

My mistake. I see you went with the blue! Excellent choice. Beautiful watch!

Helena likes this.