Forums Latest Members

SOLD Hassle free 861 Transitional 1968 Speedmaster in beautiful condition....Join the dot over 90 club.

1. TLIGuy Sep 19, 2013

Hello all, I hope this post finds you all doing well. I currently own two excellent condition 1968 861 Transitional Speedmasters but as it usually happens something has caught my eye so one must go to help fund the new acquisition. I'm sure many of you have been here too.

If you are looking to get into the vintage Speedmaster market and don't want the hassle of tracking one down, if you can, finally receiving it only to send it off to have it serviced and enduring the painfully long wait for its return....well I have done the work for you.

I'm offering for sale my beautiful Speedmaster (Head Only) with its recently serviced 861 movement and beautiful rich dark color dial and very nice condition dot over 90 bezel. This watch was fully service by Nesbit's Fine Watch Service in Seattle Washington. As some know they were an authorized Omega service provider until service was brought in house. They continue to hold an Omega parts account by still providing excellent Omega service so no corners have been cut here.

The watch received a full service and case finishing in February 2013. The service included the following.

Full movement service on Mvt # 26553XX. All parts disassembled, cleaned, and oiled.
    Crown, crown stem, pushers, mainspring, crystal, and case back gasket replaced. All Omega parts. Returned parts included with watch.
    In order to extend the 30 warranty** the hands had to be replaced as well. The original packed matching hands will be included with the watch.
    Loving case refinishing leaving sharp edges and thick lugs.
    The space between lugs was hand polished as to keep the tolerances tight for a bracelet and polished so the exposed area looks great on a strap.

The watch keeps stellar time and looks stunning in person. I can't express what a great looking watch this is.

**The warranty in not transferable, disappointing sure, but I think it is a testament to Nesbit's confidence in the service they provide to stand behind their work.

The only two issues I am aware of is that small pieces of lume were removed from the large plots at 1,2,3,8,10 to ensure they did not flake off and get into the movement. While it probably is noticeable under magnification I honestly have a hard time seeing it when I look at the watch. The dial is a stunning rich black and the missing lume takes nothing away from its beauty.

Lastly there is a small bit of black paint on the bezel that is missing at the 9-10 position as you can see. It appears that somewhere along its long fruitful life it was hit and loosened the paint. The bezel may appear bent over but it is not. A rub along the edge does reveal something there but it is round, not bent, and takes very little away from the condition of the dark black colored Dot over 90 bezel.

While I don't provide a picture of the movement because the case has been sealed and pressure tested the movement is flawless and clean. The case back is marked 145 022 68ST. I did not have the case back polished to preserve the deep clean engraving. The back does show some less than professional marks from less than competent individuals.

I am only looking to recoup my investment in the watch. I paid $2250 for the watch and put $650 in for the service.

NEW WEEKEND MOVE IT PRICING....Fees and shipping inclusive.

Head Only - $2599
    Head and 1479 Bracelet with additional links included - $2899

If the watch is sold today or tomorrow I will, for a additional fee, offer Saturday delivery. If not, my preference will be to ship it Monday or a weekday to keep it moving and not sit over the weekend in a shipping facility. Also, I would like to keep my sale within the USA so I can provide next day shipping avoid any customs issues.

For interest or questions please PM me or text me before 8pm EST at (757) 816-4377. I will do my best to answer all questions timely and accurately.

RSCN3718.JPG

RSCN3719.JPG

RSCN3720.JPG

RSCN3721.JPG

RSCN3722.JPG

RSCN3723.JPG

RSCN3724.JPG

RSCN3707.JPG

DSCN3705.JPG

Varasc likes this.
  2. TLIGuy Sep 20, 2013

My 68 year old retiring local watch guy, former Rolex dealer, is sitting on a 1966 Unworn Rolex 1675 GMT that has been in his safe for 35 years. It has my name on it and I'm eager to finish pulling my funds together thus my Weekend Blowout Pricing and new bracelet option.

NEW WEEKEND MOVE IT PRICING....Fees and shipping inclusive.

Head Only - $2599
    Head and 1479 Bracelet with additional links included - $2899

The bracelet is in very nice condition and will include all additional links. Is has some very faint surface blemishes on the clasp but could easily be removed with someone with more skills than I posses.

RSCN3365_zps3fc5e29e.jpg

DSCN3725.JPG

RSCN3727.JPG

3. TLIGuy Sep 20, 2013

This beauty is SOLD. Thanks Omega Forum.