Forums Latest Members

Has Omega discontinued the gents Constellation range?

1. xji1168 May 10, 2019

I can't see it on the Omega website any more, only the Globemaster or the ladies Constellation.

I won't be surprised if they have as I suspect most blokes buy a Moonwatch or PO.

2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent May 10, 2019

They show up on the US site...

I *would* be surprised, as some men like having some dress watches. I believe Omega sells a metric butt-load of them.

3. xji1168 May 11, 2019

Thanks BT. I'll ask my AD.

4. xji1168 May 11, 2019

So according to my AD they have been phased out and they are not making any more. It may be the range will be updated and rolled out again in a year or so, much like they did with the renamed Constellation Manhattan for the ladies.

5. 83n May 11, 2019

You learn something new every day. Here I am thinking Globemaster = Constellation. I didn’t even know there have been other models.

6. SpeedyD May 11, 2019

Gone from the UK site.

7. Lurk41 May 11, 2019

Still appears on the french site. Inside the Constellation family, they list: Globemaster, Constellation Manhattan (ladies only), Constellation (ladies and men)
    I also saw them in the boutique this week

8. flw history nerd May 11, 2019

On the US site, you click on "Constellation" and two options appear, one for ladies and one for gents ... over 160 different gents' options still available, apparently.

9. pongster May 11, 2019

Constellation is the flagship line. I dont think they will discontinue it.

10. texasmade May 11, 2019

You don’t see a lot of Constellation watches though out in the wild or even online of pictures of people wearing them.

11. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector May 11, 2019

Posted the above earlier tonight

https://www.omegawatches.com/watches/constellation/constellation/gents-collection/product

12. pongster May 11, 2019

In our part of the world, see more constellations than the speed/sea masters. It’s like the DJs of rolex.

13. xji1168 May 12, 2019

Interesting to hear the difference geographically regarding this watch. I'm in the uk and other than those worn by AD staff, I've never seen a Constellation "in the wild". Plenty of POs and moon watches of course. The Constellation just doesn't seem to be appreciated much over here.
    Partly the reason for asking about this in the first place is because I just bought one and I was intrigued to note they had disappeared from the UK website. Perhaps that explains why the AD was discounting the few they had by 40%.
    Hands up anyone here who also has a (modern) Constellation of the double-claw design.

14. padders Oooo subtitles! May 12, 2019

Connies have been dire since about 1980. Yes I am sure there are exceptions* and even the awful eagle claw things apparently sell well in the Middle East and Asia but I for one won’t miss any of the recent offerings. Now the recent Globemaster does look good so some skilfully crafted re-imaginings of other 50s and 60s models would be welcome. New dog leg pie pan anyone?

*actually I am not sure there are, can anyone suggest a likeable Connie post 1980?

Edited May 12, 2019