Has anyone else noticed the slight design update on SMP Diver 300 bracelet?

The newest watches have flatter links with sharp edges and are slightly more matte. Both share the same steel bracelet reference number but clearly a refreshed style updateIMG_0645.jpeg IMG_0644.jpeg IMG_0639.jpeg IMG_0638.jpeg

Like 4
Curious. Do the links on the inside have the same appearance? My first thought was, they got all the links installed upside down.

Just a casual observation. I don't and have never owned a similar bracelet.

Add a nice taper and were there.

Like this? ;)
IMG_20240722_133221.jpg
My bracelet is way to shiny, dont you think?

Like 2
Curious. Do the links on the inside have the same appearance? My first thought was, they got all the links installed upside down.

Just a casual observation. I don't and have never owned a similar bracelet.
The links are right side up. On the underside the corners are rounded off so that the can form an oval shape around the wrist

Interesting. I don’t like the change. Would have preferred a consistent bracelet for this current iteration.

Keeping the ref. number the same is kinda shady too.

Like 1
Wow, terrific catch, thanks for sharing. Is the model number of the watch the exact same? I am not familiar with Omega making changes to a modern reference but not updating the model number (seems like half the value of Omega’s long model number convention is being able to track even the smallest variations).

The new iteration more closely resembles the original 90s design. The polished bits of the new iteration look cheaper and less refined in my eyes. I own the previous iteration and am one of the few that loves it, though I wouldn’t complain if there was a taper.

Seeing an update like this makes me think the current design is not going anywhere for a while (otherwise, why make the update, if a new version was on the horizon?).

I wonder if this was more of an unintentional change resulting from changing manufacturers or replacing factory tooling...

Like 2
I wonder if this was more of an unintentional change resulting from changing manufacturers or replacing factory tooling...

Agree probably due to alternate manufacturer for the bracelet

Like 1

My initial thought when I saw this thread as well

Interesting -- has this happened before? I'll check mine but think it's the older (and, naturally, superior) style.

It'll hurt, but just an FYI that I'm willing to let my NOS Vintage SMP 300m OEM Bracelet With Original Tooling go for the right price...

Like 2
The new iteration more closely resembles the original 90s design.

Really? I thought the complete opposite - they've moved even further away from the more rounded original 90's style, IMO.

Seeing an update like this makes me think the current design is not going anywhere for a while (otherwise, why make the update, if a new version was on the horizon?).

I think, if this was a leaked updated bracelet for a new model, it would also have an updated clasp with an easy adjust. They would be insane to release a new SMP (Or is it SMD now it's called a Diver) without the updated clasp. I lean more towards just a change in tooling or manufacturer for the existing bracelet. There is hope for a new model with a taper yet...